1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I keep my printed books?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by trapline, Jan 1, 2012.

1. frederik_jon

frederik_jon Active Member

Hello i have the same interest in books can you recommend any self-help books or business books, so far ive read a lot of books by Anthony Robbins.

2. blahman

blahman Senior member

Is the show anything like Hardcore Pawn?

3. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Both my parents own bookstores (my dad a rare book and map shop, mom a used pulpy bookshop), so in addition to working at them since I was eight or nine, I always grew up with tons of books. I love my library. I downsize every three or four years, and give any thing light & popular (e.g. Grisham, modern Stephen King) to my mom so she can sell it, but I still have around two-thousand books. I love it. They have been a pain to pack up and move, but well worth it.

4. SD1

SD1 Senior member

I have a lot of books on the shelves, both classics and a lot of non-fiction. I do have an e-reader that I will read new fiction or books that I plan on only going through once.

As an author of non-fiction books, I am in the middle of the printed v. e-book shift. My books have photos, which I think come out better on the printed page, as well as having the ability to flip back and forth for endnotes. However, the ability to integrate more features into an e-reading experience is exciting.

For what it's worth, my sales of e-books have been on the upswing at a faster clip than the printed titles, though my last printed title is two years old at this point. I'll see when my next one comes out in Feb how things shake out in terms of where the sales are coming from.