• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I go Brinoi or MTM/Bespoke?

djf32

Reaction score
I was up at the Brioni outlet at Woodbury Commons and found a great suit that fit really well (at least the jacket did - didn't try the pants). The jacket had a nice contour and was very lightweight with Super 160 fabric. Size was 38R. The suit retailed for $5,000 and was being offered at $2,800.

At this price point, I was thinking that I should go for a good quality made to measure. What are some good places to go in NYC that can offer a flattering style? I am on the tall, slim side and want something that is appropriate for work, but still really sharp. Can I get a good quality bespoke in the $2K-3K range or should I just focus on MTM? Are there any OTR brands I should check out that would be cheaper, but still fully canvassed?

Thanks!

gambit50

Reaction score
Please search the forums for the numerous threads that will answer this query for the umpteenth time. If you have some intelligent, specific questions afterward, ask away.

gambit50

Reaction score
You are just lazy and indulged. Put some effort in. Maybe you have dumb questions later, maybe you have well thought out questions later. Right now, can you really not comprehend my(and many others')issue with your OP?
Do you really think many of those answers are not contained within the jillions of posts on SF or elsewhere?
Is it hard to figure out that they probably are? I don't see that as a big leap but in this day and age, perhaps.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you want Brioni? Why do you want made to measure? What are you really looking for?

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Carmina

Votes: 34 15.0%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 38 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 73 32.2%