1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I go Brinoi or MTM/Bespoke?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by djf32, Apr 14, 2013.

1. djf32

djf32 New Member

I was up at the Brioni outlet at Woodbury Commons and found a great suit that fit really well (at least the jacket did - didn't try the pants). The jacket had a nice contour and was very lightweight with Super 160 fabric. Size was 38R. The suit retailed for $5,000 and was being offered at $2,800.

At this price point, I was thinking that I should go for a good quality made to measure. What are some good places to go in NYC that can offer a flattering style? I am on the tall, slim side and want something that is appropriate for work, but still really sharp. Can I get a good quality bespoke in the $2K-3K range or should I just focus on MTM? Are there any OTR brands I should check out that would be cheaper, but still fully canvassed?

Thanks!

2. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

Please search the forums for the numerous threads that will answer this query for the umpteenth time. If you have some intelligent, specific questions afterward, ask away.

3. djf32

djf32 New Member

Sorry for being unintelligent.

4. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

You are just lazy and indulged. Put some effort in. Maybe you have dumb questions later, maybe you have well thought out questions later. Right now, can you really not comprehend my(and many others')issue with your OP?
    Do you really think many of those answers are not contained within the jillions of posts on SF or elsewhere?
    Is it hard to figure out that they probably are? I don't see that as a big leap but in this day and age, perhaps.

5. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Why do you want Brioni? Why do you want made to measure? What are you really looking for?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013