1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Should I get a tweed jacket from Bookster?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dasai, Nov 12, 2010.

1. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

You guys are being kind of unreasonable. A certain amount of patience is desirable if you want special-order or semi-custom goods of any sort. If you want top-drawer tailoring, go to Savile Row.

Moreover, look at Bookster's prices: The base-price for a 3-piece suit is GBP 630. If you subtract VAT, the pre-shipping price then is less than $800. This is for a made-in-the UK suit. I doubt that you can get a 3-piece from even a second-tier Hong Kong tailor for that kind of money. (A three-piece from any British fabric is going to run you close to $2K, if not more, from my friends in Kowloon.)

By and large, in this old world, you get what you pay for, but my impression is that Bookster gives you your money's worth and a good deal more. They are a small firm, and yes, they do have delivery problems, but I know from experience that they are very ethical people who really stand behind their products.

2. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

This. You order a MTM garment from a small boutique manufacturer at very reasonable prices and then expect it to be delivered almost immediately.

Quick, cheap, good. Pick two. You picked cheap and good, so you'll have to wait.

3. Odradek

Odradek Well-Known Member

Bookster has just gone belly up, leaving many customers without their suits or their money.

4. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Is this true? Because their website is still up

5. Odradek

Odradek Well-Known Member