• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I Buy!?!?

Akashic

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just tried on a pair of Nudies but being a completely new to this I told them I would come back later and decided to get advice form you guys.

It was a pair of "Slim Jim Dry Japan" (the only dry selvage they had, but seeing as I'm a thin guy I think it would be a better fit for me." They were $225 and a 33, one size bigger than what I usually wear but they seemed to be an ok fit around the waist.

They were quite long but I'm going to get them hemmed obviously so I was more worried about whether this was a reasonable price, as good as the RRDS, and if them being one size too big would be a problem later if they stretch.

Thanks,
Akashic

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Farinelli's might have the nudies your looking for. The customer service is top notch. $225 for nudies is way steep, especially if you can get them at a good discount. They offer a great discount to forum members.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and SJDJ aren't selvedge. and they will stretch... don't buy them.

Akashic

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys, good thing I decided to wait. Anyways, what's the difference between "Dry Selvage" and "Dry Japan".

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One is selvage denim, one is not.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For much less than $225 you can GET nudies, and they're solid jeans. There is no problem with the quality of nudies. People like to make it seem like nudies will instantly fall apart if you wear them. Of course you can get better quality but if someone likes the fit and style of nudies they should get them.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
Yeah.

Here, browse through the collections at these shops,

http://blueingreensoho.com/
http://www.selfedge.com/

For around 225 you can find much better Japanese denim than Nudies.

if you're checking Blue in Green for slim-ish fits from on the straight side, $225 will get you a pair of Eternal 811 or a pre-order on the 2009 Fullcount 1108 contest jeans, a one-time run that will never be produced again.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Akashic
Hello all,

I just tried on a pair of Nudies but being a completely new to this I told them I would come back later and decided to get advice form you guys.

It was a pair of "Slim Jim Dry Japan" (the only dry selvage they had, but seeing as I'm a thin guy I think it would be a better fit for me." They were $225 and a 33, one size bigger than what I usually wear but they seemed to be an ok fit around the waist.

They were quite long but I'm going to get them hemmed obviously so I was more worried about whether this was a reasonable price, as good as the RRDS, and if them being one size too big would be a problem later if they stretch.

Thanks,
Akashic

Also, Nudies tend to stretch, so you want to get a snug fit in the waist with no looseness if you want a nice fit over time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads