• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I buy this mysteriously cheap White Tie tux?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This listing is for a classic black fulldress tuxedo tailcoat. Two button front The Image is of a 1-Buttonand a traditional shawl lapel. This is the real deal. 100% wool, not cheap imported polyester or microfiber. Black satin buttons and trim. Coat is from rental stock This will not be anwhere near new and in good condition. No rips, stains, or tears. This is my best deal on a formal white tie tuxedo. With this jacket I am including matching black pleated tuxedo pants, white patterned tie and vest set like the one pictured, a white pleated wing collar tuxedo shirt, shoes, studs and cuffliks. The pants will have enough available length, but you may have to let them out or take them in for the perfect length. Please email your waist size, neck size, sleeve length, and shoe size as soon as you make payment, I prefer PayPal. This purchase is for the entire package. Perfect for a wedding or any truly formal event.
Also not that 41 Short is a very unusual size. I wouldn't say its too chaep to be true, but I would sugest that its not really worth buying if you could afford better.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Raffinati is considered second only to Varvatos in terms of suit quality on these fora. Pull the trigger on this one.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
its not a tux.
its a full dress suit !

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
its not a tux. its a full dress suit !
Yeah, the coat is a tail-coat (or dress coat, to differentiate from a morning coat), which bears no resemblance to a tuxedo (which is only worn for black tie). Shouldn't a dress coat normally have some 'for show' buttons on the front? The high-buttoning brocade waist-coat is kinda nasty too, and afaik incorrect with white tie.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
I appreciate greatly the helpful responses I've gotten; this forum has helped me appreciate style more, and the B&S section puts ebay to shame. As for this Tux, I'm not going to buy it, it looked shady from the start but wanted to verify on here. I was going throw the waistcoat out on this one, I could tell that one was a no-go. I just have no experience with tailcoats.
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Five star poaster. Five star threak. - B
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Raffinati is considered second only to Varvatos in terms of suit quality on these fora. Pull the trigger on this one.
But for the minority of posters like you, what is the purpose of your rude comment? Why are you responding to my thread? This is a style forum for people with questions, why are you copping an attitude? What did I do wrong but seek advice from people with more experience in men's formalware style? Are you aware that the vast majority of men will go their entire lives and never wear White Tie? It is far from common knowledge. Why are you insulting me for not knowing much about it? Are you implying you are better than me because I am asking for opinions about non-SF second hand non-designer wear? If so, why bother with such a rude and pointless response? And why don't you post of picture of yourself in your bespoke Saville-Row White Tie that you wore when Her Majesty granted you an audience at St. James (complete with those little formal ribbons on your chest). We could then see how great your style is, O Judgemental one. Would it feel better to me to say this? Ok, you have better style than me. You win the style wars. Now you can stop threadcr@pping my questions with your intenshunall mispellings, since your superiority in White Tie style has been established beyond all question, by virtue of sarcastic comments on the internet.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1) Please direct all complaints about threadshitting here.

2) Given our poast counts make up more than 60% of all SF posts, we cannot be considered a "minority" of members.

3) The Raffinati is a beaut, I stand by my original sentiment.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
1) Please direct all complaints about threadshitting here.

2) Given our poast counts make up more than 60% of all SF posts, we cannot be considered a "minority" of members.

3) The Raffinati is a beaut, I stand by my original sentiment.

lol

wish i had as many posts as you metrostyles

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sassyfras
Now you can stop threadcr@pping my questions with your intenshunall mispellings, since your superiority in White Tie style has been established beyond all question, by virtue of sarcastic comments on the internet.

You are wise beyond your poasts.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics