• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I buy a suit at Saks outlet with "Zegna" fabric?

Farmgate

Reaction score
First, I own several Zegnas and actually like the fabric...its a mid-blue and stylish. I cannot tell if it's fused or not.

Retail price is $1,200 and on sale for $450. Is this just a fused suit made for Saks with Zegna fabric? Should I save my money and get the real thing? Again, I really like the fabric and it looks fine on me. I cannot imagine that Saks would sell a fused suit that will bubble up or wear out in a year.

Thanks for any response.

MRM1

Reaction score
I have been searching all over SF with the same question but haven't found anything on point. There's a recent thread that says that one version of SAK's house brand is made by Isia, and that the "cloth by Ermangilo Zenga" is made by Aboud, but I don't know.

SAKs' Off Fifth website has Red and Black label on sale for 70% off or in the high $300 range. Can anyone explain what the difference is between the Red and Black labels and whether the run of the mill Saks suit is a good value at that price point, or whether its better to wait until a Hickey Freeman mainline comes up for a few dollars more.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The E.Zegna cloth Saks suits are made by Joseph Abboud. I'm kinda guessing that they're fused, vaguely remember someone here stating that after some testing. Can't comment much on the general construction though...

If it fits great, buy it. That's my opinion.

Most people here will probably tell you to keep lurking and look around for better deals, but to be honest, finding a solid navy suit in normal sizing WITH that styling is not so easy. They're the first to go, and they're generally never on sales either. Trust me, I'm a veteran in the B&S and Ebay game...if you have a great fitting suit at hand that you've tried IRL, go for it.

And the bubbling thing is completely blown out of proportions around here, if you ask me. None of my fused beater suits that go through wear and tear, shitty weather and numerous dry cleans have ever started bubbling.

edit: Here are the make label from two Saks "Ermenegildo Zegna cloth" suits

And here's the make label from a Joseph Abboud suit.(in the thread)

http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/hof-labels-heels-and-nail-patterns-secrets-to-id-the-maker/300#post_4015811

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Carmina

Votes: 33 15.0%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 36 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 72 32.7%