1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should Casual Jackets Ever Feel Tight?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bobbus, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Bobbus

Bobbus Member

So I bought myself a casual denim jacket which I like in size small, and I was thinking of buying a few more but I don't know if I should go a size up. I was considering getting myself a leather one of the exact same size too.

Everything from the shoulders to the chest size [no horizontal or vertical lines on the back when I look in the mirror] to the sleeve length seems to be fine. It's just that if I bend down to tie my shoe or attempt to hug myself it feels tight at the back and horizontal lines form on the back. The material doesn't stretch or anything like a sweatshirt of the same size would, and it doesn't feel tight enough to tear or anything or even feel tight when I just stand straight.

Is this a sign of a perfect fit, or a fit that is slightly too small?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

No they should not feel tight. Snug is ok.
    Welcome to Styleforum.

3. Bobbus

Bobbus Member

So they should feel snug and not tight even if you do something such as bend down and tie your shoes?