1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should anybody be wanting to sell...

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Professor Branestawm, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Professor Branestawm

Professor Branestawm Member

I am looking for a black wool single breasted dinner jacket, not too heavy, with (not overly wide) peak lapels, one button and no vents; matching trousers, and if possible a low cut waistcoat. I usually take a 40l jacket, with 34w 33l trousers. The measurements of a well-fitting suit jacket I have are:
    collar-hem 33",
    18-19" across the shoulders,
    21.5 armpit-armpit,
    17" inside sleeve,
    25.5" outside sleeve.

I am also in the market for a couple of 2 or 3 piece 3 button wool suits in the same size, preferably with side adjustors and buttons for braces on the trousers. Navy or charcoal are colours I'm fond of (especially herringbone weave), as well as chalkstripes. I should also acknowledge a liking for subtle tweeds, especially harris and donegal, and am looking for a green lovat or brown herringbone jacket with 3 buttons.

I apologise for making this list of wants as my first post, but I am a research student with very little grant trying to create a respectable wardrobe.

2. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Ah, if only I had SF when I was a student at the 'other place'.

Sometimes I really think hard about going back for another undergraduate degree, like Law. I think I'd have quite a lot of fun, and plenty of excuses to dress up. High table and the like.

I always loved subfusc; can't beat trying to tie that bow-tie up with exam nerves in your fingers.

Oops, sorry for hijacking your thread; hope you get some offers. You're my sort of size - unfortunately I only have one DJ, and actually have no tweeds! That's a hole in wardrobe I must remedy.

3. Professor Branestawm

That's a hole in wardrobe I must remedy.

Moths seem to enjoy trying to make holes in my tweedy wardrobe.

4. Professor Branestawm

Surely someone must be able to help?

MY previous plea was brought to mind as I watched the bids for a particularly nice grey flannel chalkstripe I saw on ebay shoot above my price range: if only I wasn't a research student; if only some authority would give me a grant!