• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shorts length

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personal preference really. Current trend is for shorter lengths. I think those look fine on you.

robxznyc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of or care about trends of shorts length. As far as I've seen people have been wearing shorts of all lengths and fits at all times. It's about your style and whether the shorts length flatters your proportion given the style.

In your photo you appear to be wearing a polo shirt with a basic chino style shorts, preppy style. Your shorts could have an inseam from 5" to 12", which doesn't matter as much as its fit. Your shorts leg opening is too wide for you. You need them tapered a bit to give you a slimmer look. As an example, in the photo I attached the shorts has an inseam 9.5" and leg opening 9" on a model that's 6' tall.
1595225691996.png

uabmpa12

Reaction score
Thanks. Those are actually slim fit. I see if my tailor can slim them a little more.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.