1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

shorts for spring ... recommendations

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by randomkoreandude, Feb 13, 2009.

1. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

lol it looks like you pooped lol

Worse, it makes it look like your conjoined twin is doing a handstand.

I think Vibskov is just a conspiracy to make my hypothetical female self never want to touch Chrono's weiner.

2. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

I'm 5'6" and the 5" were way too short. I can't imagine anyone pulling those off. So I returned them for the 7".

[​IMG]

3. js4design

js4design Senior member

i'd say stick with the 7".

I'm 5'6" and the 5" were way too short. I can't imagine anyone pulling those off. So I returned them for the 7".

thanks, this is the way i was leaning but i wanted to make sure it wasn't just a lack of being adventurous on my part

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

If you're gonna wear short shorts, you better have some damn fine legs.

Tagutcow- Take a look at some of the pieces on the sites i mentioned. Even you could find something

5. taikuodo

taikuodo Senior member

Please... just don't buy those plaid shorts that every frat boy retard will be wearing 4 weeks from now. Next guy I see wearing plaid shorts is gonna get a sucker punch from me.

bluemax, what would you recommend for the same price as those plaid shorts? Im talking 20-30 bucks.

and preferbly long enough to cover the knees, and no its not trying to be a fashion statement, but just effective, looks good, and not plaid.

6. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

If you're gonna wear short shorts, you better have some damn fine legs.

+1,

your body is the biggest part of your outfit, if it hasn't been taken care of, like anything else in this world, and you flaunt it, it can look downright embarrassing. If however you are skinny, hairless, toned, etc, then you could be wearing speedos everywhere and nobody would criticize your appearance.

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Fuck that noise. People are going to see my hairy legs and they're going to love it

8. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

Xeno shaves his legs?

Chrono those visbkov shorts look good actually the whole s/s collection seems pretty decent, liking the smiley shorts/pants and rich bux pants as well as those shorts, and some of the tee's/singlets seem kinda cool. You should cop some shorts so I can see fit pics..

edit: chrono i can possibly hook you up with some cheap junya shorts you were looking for etc did ya see my pm?

9. sjnv

sjnv Senior member

How do those J.Crew 7" shorts fit waist wise? True to size if you measure them? Thanks

10. KBW

KBW Senior member

I'm 5'11 and I occasionally wear the 5" J Crews. I find them comfortable (if I wear them I wear the MJK short boxer/briefs under so I don't flash anyone) and people at my school wear those really short fishing shorts that are also 5" so nobody really notices. I played soccer growing up and still run every day/lift but I wouldn't rec wearing them if your legs aren't toned. When I managed a retail store for a few years a guy that worked under me was probably 260 and he wore them and it didn't really work for him. Just put down a ruler that is five inches where the seam would start and you'll see how long they are in the front.

11. KBW

KBW Senior member

How do those J.Crew 7" shorts fit waist wise? True to size if you measure them? Thanks

slightly large if anything but pretty much tts

12. converge

converge Senior member

+1

13. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

I definitely second (or third) anyone getting shorts from Uniqlo even though I was just there 2 days ago and didn't come across any.

The best part is that they can hem them for free to a shorter length. So if you pick up a pair that fits you well in the seat but is too long, get them hemmed and they should be good. No need to pay over $100 for any designer stuff. On another note, you can probably get a pair of pants from uniqlo and hem them to shorts length if you are confident enough. The pants there are usually slimmer fitting than most mall brands so this would be another way to go.

14. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

lol it looks like you pooped lol

I think they can be good in the right context if paired correctly. Not everything needs to be perfectly tailored/slim.

What on earth is the right context for those shat drawers short of a life threatening experience??

15. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I definitely second (or third) anyone getting shorts from Uniqlo....
    ...you can probably get a pair of pants from uniqlo and hem them to shorts length if you are confident enough. The pants there are usually slimmer fitting than most mall brands so this would be another way to go.

You don't need to be confident. Slim shorts are the easiest to pull off. This is a great idea, Uniqlo's chinos are wonderfully slim, good quality, and cheap. Don't know what the total would end up being with shipping and all but someone should attempt this.

16. sjnv

sjnv Senior member

Thanks, so could I size down one? I'm a true waist 31 hmm