• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shortest Non-Minimum Wage Job You Ever Held

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Either as a temp or as a CEO, what was the shortest job you've held before being let go, quit, etc.?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i once during the mortgage bubble got an offer from Ameriquest to work in their posh corporate office in their web-app helpdesk division. i had no idea what that entailed but i was there for only 3 days in training before i got a call from my head hunter at that time of a better job I was vying for with new century mortgage in their helpdesk. It was the shortest stint i have ever had. It was understandable during that time as in the mortgage bubble, IT staffers were taking people left and right with higher offers everywhere. Ameriquest had such a beautiful office. and a 200+ person helpdesk dept and teenager project managers, business analysts, etc who werent doing anything and just having a party every day. they are all gone now.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
TKD junior instructor. Did not live up to my expectations, and I finally quit because I wasn't getting paid. Lasted a month of after-school Tues-Thursdays.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I joined a company as a salesman and realized that I really didn't believe in their product. quit after a couple of weeks. I joined a company that went bankrupt less than 6 months after I joined, too.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend got hired at a company and quickly realized he hated it, so he pretended he had developed diabetes and quit for "health reasons." about a week after he got hired.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I worked at a Christmas tree farm during the Christmas tree season once.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worked at a chain photo studio called Picture Place...I think thats what is was called. Anyways I was there for two weeks, and the company went under.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wrote infomercials for a company that was essentially scamming the advertisers. (I know, like dog bites man, huh?)

It lasted a month.

I almost quit one job on my first day. I was marketing director for a boat manufacturing company. First hour on the job I'm in a department head meeting, sitting around a big U-shaped conference table. The CEO was in the crotch of the U, and he turned to the person sitting at his left (I presumed for a department update) and proceeded to berate and belittle the poor bastard.

The CEO pointed at the next department head, and before she could utter a word, ripped her up one side and down the other. Horrible stuff. He continued on, moving from dept head to dept head, chewing them all out voraciously. He finally got to me, pointed, and started in like he was going to go off.

"Oh, wait," he said. "You just started today. You get a pass."

It was all I could do to not walk out the door right then and there. I lasted one year there.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was in college I got a job for 2 weeks and quit. The job paid very well but the hours were 5.30AM-1:30PM.
ffffuuuu.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cross22
When I was in college I got a job for 2 weeks and quit. The job paid very well but the hours were 5.30AM-1:30PM.
ffffuuuu.gif

Try that for several decades.
frown.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guess I underestimated how soon you guys quit.
laugh.gif

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Try that for several decades.
frown.gif

Boohoo... West coast trading hours... on the golf course at 2:30. My heart bleeds for you.

Unless you were working at a fish market, in which case I apologize.
smile.gif

kxk

Reaction score
3.5 week internship for 18/hr that resulted in a six-figure FT job offer in a field i had no experience or training

but yeah definitely not something i quit because i hated the job or anything

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads