1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shortening JUMPER sleeves?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Solari, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Solari

Solari Senior member

Hi guys,

I like to wear roll neck jumpers but I have quite short arms... so I always look a bit silly in pretty much any jumper that I wear.

I'd quite like to buy a nice roll neck, like from Zegna or something, but does anyone have any experience with shortening jumper sleeves? Can any tailors do it? and if so, does its success depend on the finishing and the material?

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

It can be done. Success depends a little on the sweater's design, the gauge of the knit, and the material composition, but it's usually doable.

Most major cities have someone who can do basic-level knitwear alterations. Just call some of the big luxury-end department stores and boutiques and ask who they use (or if they have a recommendation). There's also a woman online who does amazing alterations (better than any tailor I've gone to), but she's semi-retired and doesn't really take orders anymore.