• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Short Haircut(32 years old)

Alexender

Reaction score
Hi guys, im 32 years old canadian. Currently with a Buzz haircut(number 4).

I think i have an oval face shape,not really sure, look like a football ball.

Before i didnt know the impact that haircut and sideburns/beard had on appaerance.

I want to get a Haircut, the haircut must have the following traits:

-Short haircut
-NO Styling products involved at any cost,Just blowdry.
-Sideburns mid lenght of ears
-No beard-always clean shave, justmid lenght of ears sideburns
-No fade/taper, hair must be all the same lenght everywhere

Now, i thought about haircut style that suit those traits and i got 2 Haircuts that come to mind.

1.Buzz cut(Number 1) with mid ears sideburns

2.Classic Ceasar Haircut(All the same lenght-scissors) all around with mid lenght sideburns.

I think the Classic Ceasar haircut would fit most in today society, With the Buzzcut i kinda feel like a Thug walking around.

I just dont want to look like Jim carrey in Dumb and Dumber.

Im not sure, what do you guys think would be better?

Thank you

Last edited:

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Buzz cut. The other style will make you look like an out of style office bro.

hmmm could look a bit Martin Freeman, depends what the OP looks like and if he goes for a more textured style or something more severe and straight like our man Spock here.

Last edited:

Alexender

Reaction score

Gerard Butler look awsome with a Ceasar haircut with Medium sideburns. I wonder if the beard make a difference. The bangs on the forehead are very short

Also i have Straight Hair, i dont know if i could pull a Ceasar haircut like the one above, seem it fit curly hair better.

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Wrong part of the forum.
2) Thick, straight hair? That's more likely to stay in place without any product.
3) The first argument against the Caesar style is that it's boyish. It needs be balanced out by a masculine face (a la weathered skin, facial hair, gray hairs, or a large nose).
4) The second is that noticeable bangs are distracting, which means the Caeser needs to be re-cut very frequently.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics