• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Short fountain pens.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at a jewlers today and I saw a beautiful mont blanc fountain pen in black with platinum accents today on sale for $130, however it was quiet small.

I think it was this model
http://www.montblanc.com/products/bl...zart.05029.php

Because of the excellent price and the fact that it was very comftorable I was considering buying it, but I was woundering if it would be incorrect to use such a short pen.

hamish5178

Reaction score
What the hell do you mean by incorrect? Anyway, I'd stay away because it uses cartridges, but that's just me.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By incorrect I meen should a man not write with such a small pen because it looks very feminin.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
It depends on what you are looking for; I like cartridges for convenience.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will probily go buy it tommorow then. They also had dunhill fountain pens in what I think was celluloid as well as resin, but they were huge, heavy and awkward. They were $200.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are great, and work well if you keep it in your shirt pocket or your pants pocket.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
By incorrect I meen should a man not write with such a small pen because it looks very feminin.

Holy image crisis Batman! Seriously... the things people worry about...

huy

Reaction score
If you like it and it's comfortable for you to hold, then buy it.

For $130 it is a good price.

mikeber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by huy
If you like it and it's comfortable for you to hold, then buy it. For $130 it is a good price.
+1 The size is important only in regard to how it feels in your hand. A pen can be evaluated only when writing with for some time, not by just holding it a min at the store. First it depends on how large your hands are, how you hold the pen and how much pressure you apply when writing. Also important is if you use it posted or unposted. Overall balance is a prime consideration. Check the store's return policy.

Mathew J

Reaction score
So let me know via PM if they have another one, I have the Chopin and have always been looking for a Mozart to go in my datebook. I am not a MB fan as I feel they are hyped, but the Mozart and Chopin are two I have always liked. Good luck

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the mont blanc today. It fits perfectly in my hand and isn't too small. I was tempted to buy a dunhill lighter on deep discount, but the fact that I don't smoke meant it wouldn't of had much use.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeber
+1
The size is important only in regard to how it feels in your hand. A pen can be evaluated only when writing with for some time, not by just holding it a min at the store. First it depends on how large your hands are, how you hold the pen and how much pressure you apply when writing. Also important is if you use it posted or unposted. Overall balance is a prime consideration. Check the store's return policy.

+several.

Many contemporary fountain pen makers have taken the SUV approach, producing enormous, cumbersome pens that may look good in the case, but work best only for people with fairly large hands.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Holy image crisis Batman! Seriously... the things people worry about...

the Ghey. We fear the Ghey

mikeber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjmin209
+several. Many contemporary fountain pen makers have taken the SUV approach, producing enormous, cumbersome pens that may look good in the case, but work best only for people with fairly large hands.
Many of these (the Limited Editions in particular) are intended for collectors only and will never see a drop of ink.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40