• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping Trip to Geneva

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

As many of you probably know, I used to live in Geneva where I could get good priced Pal Zileri, and Sartoriale suits and jackets.

Now that I live in Zürich I was not able to do with the frequency you experienced.

This week the prices reach the desired level there, so I am going to Geneva on Saturday 25th to get me some items.

I am an EUR 48 and as many of you know, I have enough suits and jackets for myself, so I usually go there and buy what I find valuable on my size and then post it here first. In that way if something is not sold I can keep it for my wardrobe.

Anyhow, if somebody is interested in something in particular, please post your desires on this thread.

My size ( EUR 48 or 38R ) is however the hardest size to find on sale as it is the most common size worn by european males. Larger sizes like EUR 52 to EUR 58 are found in abundance.

So If you are generously sizes and wish to get something, please express it here too.

It would be better for me that you could do deposit for those larger sized orders though, I don't want to see me with a stock of large suits at home.

Thanks

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry it is the 26th

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the 38Rs
smile.gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In your experience do they stock 38S?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always interested in nice 54L suits and sport coats, but I wouldn't go so far as putting a deposit down... so I guess I'll just wait and hope
smile.gif

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a 38S at those shops. I have seen sometimes 40L but very rarely.

I am only searching for very specific things for me that I have seen before at the retail PZ shops and I am hoping they landed there on my size.

So I am looking for a peaked lapel tux and a black and white POW with a purple windowpane. I saw both in size 50 here in Zurich so I am going there hoping to get them in 48 but it would be very improbable...

anyhow I'll tell you what I find. when I am back

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be interested in 40R tux (50), but it depends on the price and brand.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was actually one in a EUR 50 in Zurich, I'll check it out for you today

peaked lapel, one button, full canvas, satin stripes and lapels, double pleats.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
There was actually one in a EUR 50 in Zurich, I'll check it out for you today

peaked lapel, one button, full canvas, satin stripes and lapels, double pleats.

Thanks - I would appreciate that as I have a black tie affair in early March! Are tux pants often double pleated?

40R should work, but there are some makers (Zileri, at times) that fit better with a 38. Let me know what you find.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You silly boys need to start wearing 40S so I can join in and say quatro!

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
Dude, it's actually "Titto".

It's Geneva, not Amsterdam.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads