Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shopping near w. palm beach

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Stu

Stu Senior member

I was considering a trip to the W. Palm Beach area and was wondering about outlets. I was in particular looking for something similar to the Premium Outlets in Orlando, which has Zegna, Ferragamo and other fine stores. Anyone here from the W. Palm area?

2. shoefan

shoefan Senior member

There is the Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise northwest of Miami and just southwest of Lauderdale. It has a Neiman-Marcus Last Call and an Off Fifth Saks Fifth Avenue. It has a few other decent stores (I've found Purple Label stuff at the Polo outlet there, but the mall doesn't have the stuff comparable to the Orlando mall -- Tods, Zegna, Armani, Ferragamo, among others. There is also a newly opened Last Call about 1/2 hour south of the Sawgrass Mills mall, off of the Florida Turnpike and near the Miami Int'l Airport, I think. I've not visited this location, so I can't vouch for it. I don't think the mall it is in is necessarily an outlet mall and, again, doesn't have the brands represented in Orlando. I don't know what there is closer to West Palm; perhaps some of the great retailers there operate outlets somewhere, but I don't know.

3. mistahlee

mistahlee Senior member

Don't forget Cole-Haan, shoefan.

4. shoefan

shoefan Senior member

While I inevitably wander into the Cole-Haan outlets I see, I am almost always depressed when I do so. The vast majority of the offerings are shoes made specifically for the outlets, typically in India and Mexico. I have bought a pair of Bragano Italian Gucci-knockoffs and a nice leather carry-on bag at the outlets, but that's it. Seeing a Cole-Haan outlet in a mall is little incentive to visit.

5. Stu

Stu Senior member

Thanks shoefan. I actually one had a pair of Cole Hann loafers, and loved them. I haven't been to many outlet malls as good as the one in Orlando, but then again, I don't really live in the U.S., as it is such defined, so I am not exposed to outlet malls.

6. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Don't forget to check out Worth Avenue, often mentioned in Lawrence Sanders' books about the dapper Archy McNally. I've always wanted to see Maus and Hoffman in PB, also.

I almost made a trip during the holiday weekend, but had to cancel. planned to get a drink and/ or steak at the Breakers hotel, not to be missed, i think.