• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in Stuttgart

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a free morning in Stuttgart next week and want to do some shoe and accessories shopping. Any advice on where I should go? Please, no Porsche factory jokes.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
Have a free morning in Stuttgart next week and want to do some shoe and accessories shopping. Any advice on where I should go? Please, no Porsche factory jokes.

Boss factory? I know they have a factory outlet, I'm sure you could snatch up some pants, shirts, etc. and very reasonable prices.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe you could get yourself some German made watches.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Boss factory? I know they have a factory outlet, I'm sure you could snatch up some pants, shirts, etc. and very reasonable prices.

Thanks for the tip, it's too far from the city for me. I think I'll have a few hours max to kill and was looking for something in the city center.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
Maybe you could get yourself some German made watches.

You say that but last year I was in Geneva and bought a watch from my hotel room on timezone.com. Everything is cheaper online, or at Wempe, where they took 2200 off a Glashutte just like that.

I am looking for shoes and ties and pocket squares and things of that ilk.

Josef Seibel

Reaction score
or visit the showroom / factory-store of dinkelacker shoes at Bietigheim-Bissingen, 15min north of stuttgart. (porsche ceo wiedeking is co-owner of dinkelacker shoes)

http://www.heinrich-dinkelacker.de/index2.html

showroom.jpg

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello, good morning. Here is my advice:

For shoes:

Tizian
Königstrasse 46
70173 Stuttgart
+49 711 222270

CJ, Dinkelacker, AE, Lendvay& Schwartz, ...

Dinkelacker is also recommended. But it is more than 15 minutes away from Stuttgart. The shoes are handmade (they are like VASS) in Budapest. A few shoes have a 50% Off. MTM is also available. Herr Renner will support you.

Accessories:

Breninger is a big department store and has also shoes. They have a great assortment on clothes and even a bespoke service:

http://www.breuninger.com/services/masskonfektion.htm

http://www.breuninger.com/services/special_en.htm

At the moment it is snowing in Stuttgart. Have a nice visit.

Golf_Nerd

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

noVA99

Reaction score
I went to Stuttgart twice in late 2006....I didnt see any stores worthwhile, in the city center, to visit. Plus with the ****** euro to dollar exchange rate, I didnt think there would be any bargains. I have to say, they have a nice Christmas market though
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Best place that I visited was the Frankfurt airport, the Boss store there. They were selling stuff for cheap.....

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noVA99
I went to Stuttgart twice in late 2006....I didnt see any stores worthwhile, in the city center, to visit. Plus with the ****** euro to dollar exchange rate, I didnt think there would be any bargains. I have to say, they have a nice Christmas market though
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Yes, this is true. With this exchange rate there is no bargain. Here is another suggestion:

http://www.museum-mercedes-benz.com/

To see some old and new Mercedes-Benz cars/ racecars/ trucks and buy some presents for the kids at home.

Yours
Golf_Nerd

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the car biz and there for work, so I am more interested in Dinkelackers than automobiles.

How far is the Dinkelacker store from the city center?

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the car biz and there for work, so I am more interested in Dinkelackers than automobiles.

How far is the Dinkelacker store from the city center?

Today I needed 35 minutes for the 21 km from Stuttgart Center to Dinkelacker.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd
Today I needed 35 minutes for the 21 km from Stuttgart Center to Dinkelacker.

Sorry, for 23 km.

And this is the result:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics