• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in Québec City?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a couple of weeks I'm heading to Toronto, Montreal, and Quebec. I found some good info in the archives on Montreal, and in Toronto I'll be busy most of the time, but I'm curious as to what the interesting shops are in Quebec city. Thanks in advance.

Histrion

Reaction score
That is of course totally dependent on what you are looking for. However, QuÃ
00a9.png
bec City is totally horrid for shopping. I am certain that fatherseanfan, who also lives there, would agree with me totally.

If you want suits, there are two or three options, though they are all overpriced: Holt Renfrew (Zegna, Canali... Hugo Boss too), Simons (Paul Smith, Costume National). Both of these places are located in Place Ste-Foy, a small just across UniversitÃ
00a9.png
Laval, on Boulevard Laurier. There's another Simons location in Old QuÃ
00a9.png
bec but its not worth a damn.

There is also a store named Laflamme or something like that on St-Jean which also carries Zegna, Boss and Versace. Seriously, if shopping's better in MontrÃ
00a9.png
al (Holt Renfrew, which is much bigger in Montreal, Ogilvy, L'Uomo, etc...)

If you are looking for casual clothing, my answers would be the same. You'd be better off shopping elsewhere, unfortunatly.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1452 rue Peel, Montreal

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Histrion
That is of course totally dependent on what you are looking for. However, QuÃ
00a9.png
bec City is totally horrid for shopping. I am certain that fatherseanfan, who also lives there, would agree with me totally.

If you want suits, there are two or three options, though they are all overpriced: Holt Renfrew (Zegna, Canali... Hugo Boss too), Simons (Paul Smith, Costume National). Both of these places are located in Place Ste-Foy, a small just across UniversitÃ
00a9.png
Laval, on Boulevard Laurier. There's another Simons location in Old QuÃ
00a9.png
bec but its not worth a damn.

There is also a store named Laflamme or something like that on St-Jean which also carries Zegna, Boss and Versace. Seriously, if shopping's better in MontrÃ
00a9.png
al (Holt Renfrew, which is much bigger in Montreal, Ogilvy, L'Uomo, etc...)

If you are looking for casual clothing, my answers would be the same. You'd be better off shopping elsewhere, unfortunatly.

That's sort of what I was afraid of. Probably for the best, since I'll probably be pretty out of financial ammo after Montreal.

Histrion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
That's sort of what I was afraid of. Probably for the best, since I'll probably be pretty out of financial ammo after Montreal.

Well, what you have to know is that QuÃ
00a9.png
bec City is not a rich city. It is filled up by students (like me), industrial workers (in not so paying industries, shall I add) and government workers. Around here, people are totally convinced that there are no better suits than Hugo Boss. I kid you not. There isn't even a market for proper streetwear, let alone Kitons, Brionis and such.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
1452 rue Peel, Montreal

Edward Appleby, don't waste your time shopping in QC or Toronto - head straight to this address.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads