1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shopping in NY

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jerrysfriend, Jun 2, 2005.

1. jerrysfriend

jerrysfriend Senior Member

Just got back-three plays and lots of good food, but this is more of interest here:
    My best buys:
    (a) Polo at 72 and Madison-two pairs of EGs; A Black Whittier captoe oxford with a type of U throat and a dark Oak Borden penny loafer with a split toe- they were $850 reduced to $499, with trees included.
    It seems as if Polo is getting rid of all their readymade EG's, but I did not ask about it. Polo's shoes are against two walls (one of sale shoes and one of regular priced ones) and a small table display with 4 EGs and a sign saying that these can be ordered bespoke. The non-sale wall has no EGs on it-just 15-18 others. The sale wall of 15-18 shoes is about 40% EGs-the two I got (plus the oxford in brown); a tassel loafer in burgundy and side elastic plain toes in black and brown. All are the same $850/$499. They also have a black crocodile EG oxford reduced from $5000 to $2999.
    (b) Filene's at Union Square-I bought 4 Fairway & Greene knit shirts that go for $85-$110 here in Atlanta at Stockton's -they were $19.99 at Filene's. They have a "Vault" area with merchandise from Louis, Boston. Only a few coats but there is a very heavyweight Kiton cashmere double breasted in dark brown cut from $3,695 to $1,495; size 42R.
    Also went to:
    (a) Saks-not too much, sale just started-on shoe rack they have one model of EG in a fancier captoe-in both black and brown. Reduced 25% off the regular $850-no trees. Also a good selection of H&K and Charvet shirts at about 25% off, but still $149 and $225, respectively; nice Isaia suits reduced fro $1,999 to $1,499
    (b) J. Press -everything 25% off
    Â[​IMG] Brooks -identical to the stuff here
    (d) 57th street-Holland & Holland is gone; the Oxxford Store is moving soon, but the sign did not say where; T&A has C&J, including a great spectator like the Ben Silver one and also in lighter brown and tan mesh combo.
    (e) J Kos and Peter Elliott-overpriced in my opinion
    (d) saw the new Berluti at Madison and 76th street. The prices (most readymades at $1,290 and bespoke starting at $4300 are a bit much for me; Barney's still has a Berluti shop with a few decent models at $790-840 or so.
    Did not get to Century 21 or Bergdorf's.