1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shopping in Napoli...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Oct 9, 2011.

1. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Was just in Italy last month, and this is very untrue.

2. banis

banis Senior member

Especially when it comes to shopping in Napoli. In many places, especially smaller ones, they don't even understand what you are asking for.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

dave smith - the addresses online are the addresses you need. I did an shopping trip to napoli twice in the past two months and got the addresses from the websites and marked them on a map when I got to naples. Walked to those addresses and the stores were there.

There are tons of boutique stores in Naples that carry finamore and everything else that are just regular stores that aren't emphasized or known on SF (or really in Naples) and you should go into those. They have stuff you'd want at solid (not deep discount) pricing.

Unless you are going bespoke, you can often find better pricing in America, as previously mentioned.

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

The boutiques are just along every street - no specific addresses. Walk around, you'll run into them.

5. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Don't bother with the big internationalized brands like Attolini and Finamore.

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think November is a wonderful time to go. It isn't that cold. So what if you get a little bit f rain? I love traveling in the late fall and before Christmas especially in Italy. There are no crowds, and you can go most places without a reservations. Have a great time.

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

+1

8. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    I dont have enough time to get anything made for me like a suit or SC so i am just going to pick up some shirts, ties, PS and other random stuff. hopefully i'll bring back some stuff for SF B&S as well.
    was planning to pick up Finamore shirts... not sure what i could get in attolini though, no time for suits maybe something in pink cashmere though

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

you'll find great stuff in naples if you are thorough. I got great shirts. Not inexpensive, but great regardless. :slayer:

10. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

any chance of seeing Kiton?? from their address it seems they are away from the centre....