• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in LA

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know there has been threads about this before but I was hoping to get some specific help with this:

Where are the best areas for men's shopping around Beverly Hills and a 3-5 mile radius? Where do the local men shop for dress clothes? Are there specific streets where one can walk/drive and take care of all bases?

I'll be visiting LA next month and would like to know what areas I should check out. LA is totally new to me so I need some major help. I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

jon5986

Reaction score
If you are new to LA I would say try the following:

Beverly Hills- In and around Rodeo Drive. Here you will find big brands and designers such as Armani, Gucci, Hermes, YSL, Versace e.t.c. Also, Turnbull & Asser has a store on Brighton Way which sell wonderful shirts. Beverly Drive is also a good spot with several nice stores, such as Anto Shirts.

West Hollywood-In and around Melrose Avenue is the new hot spot. Melrose Avenue / Melrose Place is a really great spot. This is a nice walkable part of town. Here you will find Alexander McQueen, Vera Wang, Theory, Marc Jabobs, Duncan Quinn (who stocks Cleverley shoes), Herve Leger, DVF and Fred Segal to name a few......

Sunset Plaza-Is a nice area. This has a very european feel to it with lots of great restaurants. Here you will find Hugo Boss, Club Monaco, Cavalli e.t.c. Wonderful place to walk around!

Hope this is helpful.

Neo1824

Reaction score
Give Ian a call at Shop the Finest to tour the warehouse. He's in Santa Monica.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can pretty much walk around Rodeo/Wilshire and hit all the high-end retail stuff: Barneys, Saks, Turnbull & Asser. There are more boutiques over in the Melrose / Robertson area: Paul Smith, South Willard, etc. Baron, GetSmart, LA Guy and others can give you better input than me. Don't forget to stop by to see Ian in Santa Monica. Have fun. Shaka
teacha.gif

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Do people who live/work in LA drive down to South Coast Plaza for shopping at all?

jyook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Thanks everyone!

Do people who live/work in LA drive down to South Coast Plaza for shopping at all?

It's a good half hour to 45 minutes South from the other locations... South Coast Plaza is a great shopping place but I would say that the other locations mentioned would have just has much or even more...

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I've done it, but I can't think of anything that's at South Coast that you can't find in the places that were already mentioned.

If you're already in OC, it's a good spot to check out, but I wouldn't make a trip there if you already visit Rodeo, Melrose.

sanrensho

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

If you're in LA for only a couple of days, a drive to South Coast plaza will take up a huge chunk of time...to avoid traffic, leave LA around 2pm, get there around 3-4 pm, and stay till 7pm or so. Otherwise you'll be on the freeway for a LONG time. There's also the Beverly Center, which is much closer to BH. If you make it to Melrose, go to Pink's for a chili dog, chili fries and a chili tamale.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+10 on Ian at Shop the Finest. Call in advance and allow yourself at least 2 hours to browse through all of the racks & boxes.
If you head to RL on Rodeo - seek Alan Sanders, (extremely helpful bloke).
Try BLD (on Beverly) for Brunch.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since you are a shoe guy, South Coast Plaza might be of interest because they do have a John Lobb store.

southbound35

Reaction score
If you're looking for some Alden shoes while there, please let me know. I know of some excellent sources.
smile.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sanrensho

If you make it to Melrose, go to Pink's for a chili dog, chili fries and a chili tamale.

Sorry to be so vehement about this, but please do not go to Pink's. There's always a ridiculously long line full of tourists and I do not get the appeal. If you really want a great hot dog go to Skooby's on Hollywood Blvd. or Let's Be Frank in Culver City.

Another recommendation to go to Shop the Finest. You'll be blown away by the selection.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on everything mentioned so far, especially sunset plaza, which is often overlooked.

on robertson blvd, just south of melrose, you'll find a ralph lauren flagship, a ted baker, varvatos, and a bunch of other stores i can't think of now. it's essentially part of the melrose section of west hollywood, right next to beverly hills, about 2 minutes from rodeo drive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads