Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shopping in Frankfurt/Dusseldorf

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dufferin1, Nov 1, 2012.

1. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

Hi everyone. Although I'm German, I haven't been in there in a long time..but my father is flying over on Monday for his mother's birthday.

I've wanted a pair of Chelsea boots for some time now, but the selection here in Toronto is honestly quite awful. I was thinking my father could pick me up a pair at either a shop in Dusseldorf or Frankfurt. I'm looking fo either black or dark brown, preferably not breaking the bank (200-250 Euro's). Any ideas of spots he could take a look at?

Mario

2. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

A friend recently bought some chelsea boots at chelsea farmer's club in Duesseldorf.

Have a look at Diehl&Diehl in Frankfurt, a nice shop with great owners - their chelseas might be more expensive though.

3. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

No idea about Düsseldorf but
    +1 on Diehl&Diehl in Frankfurt, just take into consideration they only offer shoes upwards of EU41/42.
    Also check the small collection at Cove & Co at Bethmannstraße and the selection on the first floor of Görtz between Zeil and Freßgass.

4. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

+1 on Goertz. Could also check out the Lloyd shop in MyZeil, or the shoe section at Ansons, also in MyZeil.

5. MALTLIQUOR

MALTLIQUOR Member

There was a place selling reasonable Peal & Co stuff at the corner of Kaiserstrasse and Moselstrasse, right near the main train station/sleaze district. Can't recall if they had any Chelseas though.

6. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

I went to Diehl & Diehl on the rec of a number of threads in this forum. Really nice store. Picked up a few things on sale (end of the sale season here).

Hahner an der Oper (aka Willi Hahner) was also pretty nice http://www.yelp.com/biz/hahner-an-der-oper-jürgen-hahner-frankfurt-am-main

These places had nice accessories like Magli umbrellas, fancy socks. Diehl & Diehl had an incredible shoe selection.

As you walk along Zeil, there are a lot of stores as well, although many of them chains.