shopping in Düsseldorf

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TimMureau, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TimMureau

TimMureau Well-Known Member

What does the people of styleforum think about shopping in Düsseldorf. This city has good stores and a few tailors. For example: Heinz Joseph Radermacher. You can find pics of him in the book ''The Gentleman'' from Bernhard Roetzel by the part ''shirts''.

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I love dusseldorf. my first real apprectiation of style came to me walking down the Ko. on the flip side, I would say it is one of the worlds great beer cities, too.

3. Martinis at 8

Martinis at 8 Senior member

Tim,

Düsseldorf ist sehr schön! Ich habe drei yahren im Deutschland gewohnen.

It is a textile center, and hence more of a fashion capital than people realize. In fact I would say it is the best hidden fashion capital in the world. I used to date a model who worked for a company out of Berlin called Estelle d'Ore, and most of her runway shows were in Düsseldorf. The city is filled with gorgeous long-legged women that are very fashion conscious. I am not sure about men's fashions there.

The city also has great nightlife. Just go to the center of town in the walking zone, it is adjacent to the river, and you will find all kinds of interesting places.

Chius,

M8

4. Martinis at 8

Martinis at 8 Senior member

I love dusseldorf. my first real apprectiation of style came to me walking down the Ko. on the flip side, I would say it is one of the worlds great beer cities, too.

Like that kick-my-ass dark ale. Yikes! [​IMG]