• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in Cleveland?

david3558

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if you could help me get more acquainted with Cleveland as I just moved here a month ago for work. I live on W 9th, so just a stone's throw away from Tower City. I ventured into the Brooks Brothers there and the SA there, John Doyle is simply the greatest SA I have ever met. Great advice, super knowledgeable and plain stylish.

Looks like BB will be my new favorite store here in Cleveland, but what other shops/areas can you recommend in the Cleveland area? Doesn't seem like Yelp is of much help out here.

Thanks in advance!
David

Edit: In case this helps, I'm a 20 year old here in Cleveland for 6 whole months working in the corporate world [work attire = business casual, but I like being dressier!]

xzacx

Reaction score
If you are looking for higher-end stuff, Saks in Beachwood, Cuffs in Chagrin Falls (they have a Hermes "department", C&J, JL, etc.) and Kilgore Trout in Woodmere (they have Lanvin, Varvatos, Zegna, for example. I just got a Moncler jacket from there too - great service.)

If you are looking for younger, more S&D type stuff, but still really nice, check out Brigade(APC, W+H, Nom De Guerre, etc.) or NEXT(Play Cloths, Huf, BBC/Ice Cream/limited Nike stuff, etc.) on Coventry.

Hope that helps some - let me know if you have any questions!

david3558

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I've been to Saks @ Beachwood but haven't been to Cuffs or Kilgore Trout. I couldn't find newer 'reviews' of Cuffs when I found it on Yelp so assumed it had gone out of business.

Brigade is great, I've been there a couple times, they sell a lot of the more "casual" brands I like - NEXT is ok too but not too huge on the sneakers myself.

xzacx

Reaction score
I've been to Cuffs in the past month or so, so I'm 99% sure they are still open. It's actually a really cool spot(inside an old house) and well worth the trip. The town it's in is really popular too - small, scenic, with good places to eat. I'd say it's about a half hour or so SE from downtown. They've been around for a long time, and are definitely a staple in the area when it comes to high-end mens clothing and shoes.

david3558

Reaction score
Awesome, I'll take a trip there this weekend. I'd love to go try on some of their higher end shoes. Hope I won't be turned away just because I look so young
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads