Shopping for Shoes in Boston

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BenjaminZeev, Sep 24, 2016.

1. BenjaminZeev

BenjaminZeev Senior member

So I love Justin Fitzpatrick and Septieme Largeur, but I live in Boston not London or Paris. I could order online, but I am interested in trying some styles that I have not been a fan of before (I'm a boot guy but want to expand).

Any places in Boston I should consider or just go online with the the brands I like (met both Justin and Mathieu, great guys, great shoes)

There is a Allen Edmonds on Newbury Street, but is there anything else?

2. coldinboston

coldinboston Senior member

Mr Sid in Newton has a nice selection of Edward Green among others (paraboot etc..). They also have made to order with EG and another brand they do bespoke with (bettanin and venturi I believe). There are also trunk shows if you sign up for their emails.
    Their website is basically non existent so you would need to go there. Very nice place.
    Andrew @andrewmrsid is part of this forum and other members here have purchased shoes there.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

3. BenjaminZeev

Based on the little on the Mr. Sid website, I think they are on the high end of my price range. But that looks like a great place, I'll keep any eye out for trunk shoes of less established brands if they have that sort of thing.

4. coldinboston

coldinboston Senior member

I only mentioned EG because thats what i had looked at over there. They do have a range of different brands for shoes which may or may not be what you are looking at. Worth a look if you are around there. The website unfortunately is useless unless you want to buy a gift card. Just sign up for the email list and you will get info on any upcoming trunk shows.

5. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Drinkwaters carry Paraboot.

6. BenjaminZeev

Paraboot are a bit expensive. I would have to love everthing about it and be assured that this is worth it, compared to say cheaper items form Justin Fitzpatrick and Septieme Largeur. For example I could get a pair of MTO balmoral or button boots for about that price... And I am a boot guy at heart. That being said the 'OSCAR patiné blue' looks lovely. And from what I read Paraboot are well made and well finished