• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping for food and utensils at...... Marshalls????

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
First of all, this threak is not about Pio's luscious, well packed and firm to the bite sausage, sorry. In MC there are all sorts of threads on finding clothing items at discounters and one of the places frequently mentioned is Marshalls (NY, NJ PA). Well, alongside RRL selvage denim, Pantherella socks and Allen Edmonds shoes, you can find some quality food stuffs if you look. For fresh food, I have my favorite haunts and I buy what I likem I don't go looking for deals. but when it comes to non-fresh foods, I am less discerning. Shopping at Marshalls for some thermal underwear for my son, I picked up a tin of La Chinata smoked paprika from La Vera Spain. This is the good stuff. Smoky, tangy, great smell and taste. Not like the stuff regularly available here, cost was about $2.00. Also picked up a large, black, Rubirosa, made in Germany. Different grinds, great feel in the hands. Reminds me of something, not sure what. $10.00. Also picked up two Calphalon knives, german steel, made in China, full tang. Not those japanese knives, but for $13.00 bucks for both, I ain't complaining. Laslty, a nice bottle of Sicilian olive oil, deep, rich, a bit nutty. $6.00

P1080628.jpg

P1080629.jpg

P1080631.jpg

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I've picked up a bunch of kitchen stuff at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. Kitchen-Aid utensils, various belgian chocolates, olive oils, cutting boards, Le Creuset baking pans, etc. Nice stuff at great prices.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
I've picked up a bunch of kitchen stuff at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. Kitchen-Aid utensils, various belgian chocolates, olive oils, cutting boards, Le Creuset baking pans, etc. Nice stuff at great prices.

yep, I pick up the 5 pepper blend for the grinder, they regularly have all clad, le creuset, etc. Its a treasure trove.

Originally Posted by dganderson
Which Marshalls was this?

all of them have stuff like this.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy a lot of things at stores like that, but I've never bought food since a lot of it looks like it's been sitting on the shelf for months, after having sat at another store's shelves for years.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak
I buy a lot of things at stores like that, but I've never bought food since a lot of it looks like it's been sitting on the shelf for months, after having sat at another store's shelves for years.

paprika/olive oil/whole pepper/sea salt etc, don't exactly go bad. I wouldn't pick up canned sushi though.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a very nice copper sauce pot once. I debated buying it for a while, but I had never heard of the name, so I decided I would look it up first. When I went back to buy it, they had sold it already. Every now and then I find seconds of nice cookware there as well.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find a lot of interesting olive oils and salts at TJMaxx.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got some awesome wine glasses at Marshalls not too long ago. 6 beautiful glasses for $15 can't be beat.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like getting Shannon crystal things from Marshall. Got a decanter once.

Recently I got a cast-iron skillet and bacon press. Should last for awhile.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found my Henckels Twins Pro S 10-piece set at Marshalls at about half off (it came from Macy's, IIRC). I was ready to plunk down $400 for it at Amazon too. You just never know what you'll find at Marshalls.

dganderson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
yep, I pick up the 5 pepper blend for the grinder, they regularly have all clad, le creuset, etc. Its a treasure trove.

all of them have stuff like this.

I actually misread your name, I thought EdInAtlanta posted this, that's why I was asking which store it was. I've got a few Marshalls near me though and may have to venture over to one today.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple decent knives from TJ Maxx. Also they usually have some good white chocolate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads