• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shop Assistant asked if I was sweaty

tommib

Reaction score
I bought an Aquascutum shirt today and asked to try it on as I wanted to see how it fitted. The guy working there asked if I was 'dry', as not to mark the shirt. I mean I know its been hot in England in the last few weeks but surely that can't normal behaviour? How ruddy bloody rude I thought.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should have asked him if he wanted to smell

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And to think that Aquascutum holds royal warrants for the maufacture of waterproof garments....

~ Huntsman

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have kept a straight face and said, "no, not really sweaty, just kind of frothy..."

just to watch them recoil in disgust
smile.gif

tbabes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tommib
I bought an Aquascutum shirt today and asked to try it on as I wanted to see how it fitted. The guy working there asked if I was 'dry', as not to mark the shirt. I mean I know its been hot in England in the last few weeks but surely that can't normal behaviour? How ruddy bloody rude I thought.

I certainly would not have bought the shirt (at least from that guy) after having been treated in such a manner.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you get a lot better service in wal-mart. what a buffoon!

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He could of explained it better and I think he was rude, but the issue I would have is IF you were not wearing an undershirt it would be unfair to the next person getting the shirt after you if you did not want it.

I wonder if they could keep like 8 shirts in each size and fit and wash them daily for people to try on.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rss' idea is a good one, for our next shirt collection I'm thinking about a set of try-ons for those who do not have any idea where to start.

LOL, last series we wound up paying for full MTM construction even though we were doing standard sizes, what a nightmare! Next time we'll do full MTM just to ensure that I stay slightly deranged.

Oh well, live and learn in all things - especially the shirt business. With a Re-Poping, a winter olympiad and a World Cup it has been a fun year to produce in Italy

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So next time you are offered a shirt to try on which obviously has the stain resulting from contact with a sweaty body...?

You'll be writing here about the appalling service you would have suffered.

Whilst you might thing the shop keeper rude unless you had agreed to purchase regardless of fit he was very sensible in his approach.

wilson brother

Reaction score

Were you sweaty?..just curious
tounge.gif

(maybe next time enter the store without your shirt
teacha.gif

tommib

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
So next time you are offered a shirt to try on which obviously has the stain resulting from contact with a sweaty body...?

You'll be writing here about the appalling service you would have suffered.

Whilst you might thing the shop keeper rude unless you had agreed to purchase regardless of fit he was very sensible in his approach.

Ok, I wish you luck in buying clothes without first trying them on in case you stain them for other people!

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

were you wearing an undershirt? i always wear an undershirt when i'm going around trying things on. otherwise -> hot day, possibly sweaty guy -> trying clothes upon sweaty skin -> stained clothes -> large amounts of merchandise no longer in saleable condition.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Ok, I wish you luck in buying clothes without first trying them on in case you stain them for other people!

Hey man, please answer the question
teacha.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carlo
With a Re-Poping, a winter olympiad and a World Cup it has been a fun year to produce in Italy

laugh.gif
I've never heard it put that way, sort of like reloading.
tounge.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads