Shop Assistant asked if I was sweaty

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tommib, Jul 22, 2006.

1. tommib

tommib Senior member

I bought an Aquascutum shirt today and asked to try it on as I wanted to see how it fitted. The guy working there asked if I was 'dry', as not to mark the shirt. I mean I know its been hot in England in the last few weeks but surely that can't normal behaviour? How ruddy bloody rude I thought.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Should have asked him if he wanted to smell

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

And to think that Aquascutum holds royal warrants for the maufacture of waterproof garments....

~ Huntsman

4. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

I would have kept a straight face and said, "no, not really sweaty, just kind of frothy..."

just to watch them recoil in disgust[​IMG]

5. tbabes

tbabes Senior member

I bought an Aquascutum shirt today and asked to try it on as I wanted to see how it fitted. The guy working there asked if I was 'dry', as not to mark the shirt. I mean I know its been hot in England in the last few weeks but surely that can't normal behaviour? How ruddy bloody rude I thought.

I certainly would not have bought the shirt (at least from that guy) after having been treated in such a manner.

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

you get a lot better service in wal-mart. what a buffoon!

7. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

He could of explained it better and I think he was rude, but the issue I would have is IF you were not wearing an undershirt it would be unfair to the next person getting the shirt after you if you did not want it.

I wonder if they could keep like 8 shirts in each size and fit and wash them daily for people to try on.

8. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Rss' idea is a good one, for our next shirt collection I'm thinking about a set of try-ons for those who do not have any idea where to start.

LOL, last series we wound up paying for full MTM construction even though we were doing standard sizes, what a nightmare! Next time we'll do full MTM just to ensure that I stay slightly deranged.

Oh well, live and learn in all things - especially the shirt business. With a Re-Poping, a winter olympiad and a World Cup it has been a fun year to produce in Italy

9. GBR

GBR Senior member

So next time you are offered a shirt to try on which obviously has the stain resulting from contact with a sweaty body...?

You'll be writing here about the appalling service you would have suffered.

Whilst you might thing the shop keeper rude unless you had agreed to purchase regardless of fit he was very sensible in his approach.

10. wilson brother

wilson brother Senior member

Were you sweaty?..just curious [​IMG]

(maybe next time enter the store without your shirt [​IMG]

11. tommib

tommib Senior member

So next time you are offered a shirt to try on which obviously has the stain resulting from contact with a sweaty body...?

You'll be writing here about the appalling service you would have suffered.

Whilst you might thing the shop keeper rude unless you had agreed to purchase regardless of fit he was very sensible in his approach.

Ok, I wish you luck in buying clothes without first trying them on in case you stain them for other people!

12. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

were you wearing an undershirt? i always wear an undershirt when i'm going around trying things on. otherwise -> hot day, possibly sweaty guy -> trying clothes upon sweaty skin -> stained clothes -> large amounts of merchandise no longer in saleable condition.

13. wilson brother

wilson brother Senior member

Ok, I wish you luck in buying clothes without first trying them on in case you stain them for other people!

Hey man, please answer the question [​IMG]

14. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

With a Re-Poping, a winter olympiad and a World Cup it has been a fun year to produce in Italy

[​IMG] I've never heard it put that way, sort of like reloading.[​IMG]

15. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Guess I have to be glad that everything is A/C here. It's hard to think of England as hot and humid.