• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoomans shoo Appreciation.

The Shooman

Reaction score
Santoni Fatte a Mano (tan sock) burgundy brogues.
pic00759bk.jpg

Grenson Masterpiece
pic00917mu.jpg

Santoni fatte a Mano (tan sock) monks
pic00933pv.jpg
pic00940dg.jpg

Santoni Fatte a Mano (tan sock) bluchers
pic00126lj.jpg
pic00133xq.jpg

pic00597zf.jpg
pic00600pm.jpg

Santoni Fatte a Mano (tan sock) wholecuts.
PIC_00013.jpg

Santoni Fatte a Mano (tan sock) punched toe caps
pic00869et.jpg

Johnston & Murphy handmade
pic00805fw.jpg

A couple of Moreshci
PIC_0018.jpg

PIC_0020.jpg

l'll post some other pics later.

Regards: The Shooman.

kcgreg

Reaction score
Great pics man - you must be a Santoni fan!!!!!
inlove.gif
smile.gif
I am so jealous.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love the Santoni monk strap, did you acquire that in the states or overseas?

UR003

Reaction score
Before you go off and buy another pair of high end shoes, I would seriously consider buying a number of pairs of quality shoe trees. The ones you are using now (judging by the photos you posted) will damage the heel of your shoes, and they overstretch the sole. You would be looking for Dunkelman from England, La Cordonnerie Anglaise (LCA) (French), or Rochester (MA, USA). I believe some people here are quite enthousiastic about another French brand, Loding (www.loding.fr) or Bexley (www.bexley.com), that sells shoe trees that resemble those by Dunkelman that I use, only a lot cheaper. (The Dunkelmans I refer to are not on Dunkelman's website.) You could also buy Seeadlers (www.seeadler.de), I think there are people selling seconds on eBay for very little money. All trees mentioned above are better for your shoes than the ones you are currently using, Shooman. If possible, I would buy trees made from red cedar wood.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Your Santonis look great, as does the J&M. Good to see you posting pics again of your collection.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
If the Shooman behaves himself I see no reason he isn't welcome. Perhaps, he's simply persona non grata?
He wrote and asked to be accepted back and we were considering it favorably.

Then he went off on the same sort of anti-Semitic rant on Ask Andy as he did here, and we decided it might not be such a good thing.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he means well, you'd be a fool to say that some of his posts were a bit off the deep end, but I don't think he's a bad guy at all. Certainly much more harmless than some of the other members who have been banned from the forum.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
He wrote and asked to be accepted back and we were considering it favorably.

Then he went off on the same sort of anti-Semitic rant on Ask Andy as he did here, and we decided it might not be such a good thing.

Ah, I didn't see that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads