• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ShoesGB/AmericaBoots -- Are they legit?

arice89

Reaction score
I recently ordered a pair of Red Wings from americaboots.co.uk. The site seems a bit sketchy but they do full refunds. I then received this email today, a few days after placing the order:

Hi,

Your order is a direct ship from the Redwing warehouse, unfortunately they are unable to ship direct to USA. However we are happy to receive them at our headoffice and forward onto yourself. This may add a couple of extre delivery days. We will forward these onto yourself as soon as they arrive, if your do not wish to wait, we would be happy to issue a refund.

Regards
Katie
Customer Service
www.americaboots.com
Part of the Shoes GB Network
The broken english threw me off a bit, especially since they are a business claiming to be based in the UK. Has anyone ordered anything from this site before? I just want to make sure I'm not getting a Chinese knockoff.

Opinions?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.