• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shoes

dhinggok

Reaction score
What shoes look good with a sweater, dark jeans and a light blue button down in the winter time? I know mocs and loafers look good in the fall, spring and summer, but in the winter, what do you recommend?

Also, where can i find some good slim fitting casual button downs that aren't too too much? Is Jcrew decent? I am a size 14-14.5.

familyman

Reaction score
Where do you live? Winter is a very different thing in different parts of the country. The first boots are nice looking, the Pumas, not so much. Winter is a time for sturdy footwear.

dhinggok

Reaction score
I spend Aug-Dec in Philadelphia, Dec-Jan in Paris, Feb-April in Philadelphia, May-June in Paris and July-August in New York. That gives you my yearly location schedule so you know if I can use them all year round.

familyman

Reaction score
You get snow and wintery type weather in Philly yes? Not a lot but boots would seem to be appropriate, agian, the first pair looked nice. I honestly don't know what a winter in Paris is like and I don't know if any particular shoe/boot would look too 'American' or if that would even be an issue so any advice I give has that in mind. I think a good chukka boot would work as well. Alden makes some nice (not cheap though) chukkas that have a good sturdy winter look about them. Everybody seems to make a chukka though so the options are wide open really.

dhinggok

Reaction score
where can i find these type of boots in deerskin or calfskin leather?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads