1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoes: Your most complimented pair of shoes (that youre not afraid to wear regularly)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Nov 26, 2010.

1. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

I'd say these guys. Edward Green Oundle in mocha suede.

[​IMG]

I'll compliment those Oundles and add some envy.[​IMG] Just beautiful shoes.

My Tramezza monkstraps get the most attention.

2. ktrp

ktrp Senior member

[​IMG]

Corrected leather, bad quality for the price, etc.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I'm not much of a shoe buff, at least not nearly on the level as a lot of people here, but my Walnut AE Strands usually get a fair amount of compliments. And interestingly enough, probably in 2nd place behind those are a pair of Kenneth Cole Clean Cut boots that I picked up with a very steep discount.

4. trader

trader Senior member

Depends on your real world then, I guess.

I live in Toronto. It's all about the eyetalian shoes here. Chicks love the rubber soled black prada and the gucci.

The suede belgraves were probably my most worn shoes this year cause they're so versatile but I seem to be the only one that cares...

5. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Senior member

These guys: called 'Italian looking' the other day (they're Barkers).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I live in Toronto. It's all about the eyetalian shoes here. Chicks love the rubber soled black prada and the gucci.

The suede belgraves were probably my most worn shoes this year cause they're so versatile but I seem to be the only one that cares...

Ah, I see. Well, just keep wearing them.

7. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

These guys: called 'Italian looking' the other day (they're Barkers).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMG that medallion.

8. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

OMG that medallion.

you like it, teh cock and teh balls?

9. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

OMG that medallion.
    Yes it makes the women wet too [​IMG]

10. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

OMG that medallion.

8======D

[​IMG]

11. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

My most complimented pair of shoes are a pair of squarish-toed Kenneth Cole monkstraps with block heels and a press stud closure on the straps. Seriously.

12. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

My most complimented pair of shoes are a pair of squarish-toed Kenneth Cole monkstraps with block heels and a press stud closure on the straps. Seriously.
    Sad as it is, that's true in America. Europeans (rightly) call square-toed KC shoes "those ugly American" shoes.

13. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

My alden shell bals:
    Sri, are those chili? Interesting shoes.
    Lolwut? Where are the numbers in this thread? Your sample size is what, like, 5?
    This thread is over 100 posts, with lots of submissions. Count again. The landslide is almost as decisive as Reagan getting reelected. Brogue. Additional points for texture or rare color (chestnut, walnut, cognac, etc) Considering the tiny % of shoes sold that are brogue, and the vast majority of replies to this thread indicating brogue as the outright winner, this is the most statistically significant data ever presented on SF. I am ordering the Cheaney's tomorrow. Boot + Brogue + Pebble = Homerun

14. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

you like it, teh cock and teh balls?

Apparently that is the "Italian look." The silhouette is a bit drapey and unstructured for me, though.

15. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

Sri, are those chili?
    Interesting shoes.

This thread is over 100 posts, with lots of submissions. Count again.
    The landslide is almost as decisive as Reagan getting reelected.
    Brogue. Additional points for texture or rare color (chestnut, walnut, cognac, etc)

Considering the tiny % of shoes sold that are brogue,
    and the vast majority of replies to this thread indicating brogue as the outright winner,
    this is the most statistically significant data ever presented on SF.

I am ordering the Cheaney's tomorrow.
    Boot + Brogue + Pebble = Homerun

You are a true Styleforum original and a gem. Please do not ever stop being you. I mean that. You bring me immense joy.

16. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

You are a true Styleforum original and a gem. Please do not ever stop being you. I mean that. You bring me immense joy.

This.

17. ktrp

ktrp Senior member

What you are missing, Reevolving, is that the same shoes that get the most compliments are also the ones that attract the most dislike.

The more shoes (or anything else) stand out from the norm, the more they will generate strong opinions.

I suppose this may be why 'club' wear is wilder then business wear. In business wear, generating a mild positive impression from almost everyone is desirable. If you're heading out to pick up women, you're better off turning off 80% of women but having 20% think you're awesome.

18. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

What you are missing, Reevolving, is that the same shoes that get the most compliments are also the ones that attract the most dislike. The more shoes (or anything else) stand out from the norm, the more they will generate strong opinions. I suppose this may be why 'club' wear is wilder then business wear. In business wear, generating a mild positive impression from almost everyone is desirable. If you're heading out to pick up women, you're better off turning off 80% of women but having 20% think you're awesome.
    I get your point, shoes that draw attention are polarizing, but I don't think you're going to be "turning off" most women with cheaney brogue boots. You'd certainly attract a different sort of person were you wearing keds or pumas.

19. ktrp

ktrp Senior member

I don't consider brogue boots that polarizing! I suppose some people don't like them.

20. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Ktrp, I agree, but the beauty of brogues is that they work in the office and on weekends.