• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes with shorts

phaseshift

Reaction score
I know its very hard to pull off, but I was thinking something with Bucks...such as
images%5Feiec%5F37%5F37838%5F37838%5FNA6040%5Ftif%5Fd0730c19b478193a.jpg
images%5Feiec%5F37%5F37838%5F37838%5FGY5817%5Ftif%5F64850b06d58a1827.jpg
images%5Feiec%5F37%5F37838%5F37838%5FBR6408%5Ftif%5F64850b06d58a1827.jpg
with shorts above the knees, no socks or one of those no show socks what do you guys think? Another alternative would be Desert Boots but I think the Bucks look better with shorts

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think you can do it, then do it? You even put up images of someone pulling it off, what more convincing do you need?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
I know its very hard to pull off
You're right, it's much easier to walk around barefoot.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once u try it, it's not that hard

Desert boots, saddle shoes, bucks are all classics and fine ... Another easy one are boat shoes, bluchers, moccs but this can be overdone

U could try rocking them with rolled up chinos and jeans and gradually move to shorts as weather gets better. It's all state of mind dude

Or alternatively u could be like every other guy wearing awful gaudy sneakers or flip-flops

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
Once u try it, it's not that hard

Desert boots, saddle shoes, bucks are all classics and fine ... Another easy one are boat shoes, bluchers, moccs but this can be overdone

U could try rocking them with rolled up chinos and jeans and gradually move to shorts as weather gets better. It's all state of mind dude

Or alternatively u could be like every other guy wearing awful gaudy sneakers or flip-flops

thanks, this is the opinion I was looking to get from this thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I hate the dress shoe with shorts look, even bucks.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

what do you prefer, if you where to choose what shoes to wear?

Doug C

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

I kind of agree, I think anything "chunkier" than like boat shoes are a bit much. If you go with the bucks though, I'd definately go with a longer pair of shorts than the above model is wearing. I think a slip-on might work better because of the lower profile... like say a nice pair of leather driving shoes/mocs. Then there's also espadrills, anything's better than flip flops at this point.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I like a less structured, softer shoe that isn't so rigid. I do desert boots but not clarks for obvious reasons. For this purpose I have some red suede pierre hardy suede desert boots. For lows, quoddys are perfect and I have a perfect pair of low profile pierre hardy off white suede shoes. I also do hightops with shorts as well but this is for casual looks. A nice sleek white sneak like cp court shoes or something as simple as keds works too.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I like a less structured, softer shoe that isn't so rigid. I do desert boots but not clarks for obvious reasons. For this purpose I have some red suede pierre hardy suede desert boots. For lows, quoddys are perfect and I have a perfect pair of low profile pierre hardy off white suede shoes. I also do hightops with shorts as well but this is for casual looks. A nice sleek white sneak like cp court shoes or something as simple as keds works too.

jet do you have any pics of the PH Off white Suede shoes?

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes whit shorts are ok but only paired with leggings, rules exist for a reason.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
common projects achilles

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woke up today and the temperature outside was 22 degrees. Why on earth are you worried yet about shorts?!

But anyways, yes - like the bucks + shorts look, especially the off-white ones. Pics above look cool. I see the merit of the look, and will probably try to do something similar now, in fact. Traditionally in summertime I've just taken to wearing my denimz because... just because.

I have tried wearing db's with shorts and got a few strange looks, so don't know how far to take that. I'd be interested in trying a Quoddy moc as well.

And amen to whoever flamed flip-flops above. So many douches, so many unkepmt feet.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
jet do you have any pics of the PH Off white Suede shoes?

I'll try to find pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads