1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoes with jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jaw4527, Sep 5, 2007.

1. jaw4527

jaw4527 Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get some shoes to wear with jeans

I currently have a pair of black ferragamo anthonys which i really like but am thinking that drivers cant really be worn after the summer season

I was thinking of grabbing a pair of brown ferragamo cancuns.

What kind of shoes (specific brands/models) do people recommend with jeans? I am not looking to wear a boot or anything super funky

BTW, I am a recent college grad and my weekend look is generally untucked button down shirt, blazer with shirt, blazer with t shirt, etc

I wear slim fit boot cut or straight cut jeans

Thanks for the advice.

2. deputamadre

deputamadre Senior member

don't wear shoes with jeans

3. jaw4527

jaw4527 Well-Known Member

what do you recommend instead?

i have black low converse and sambas that i wear but I like to mix it up

4. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

what I reccomend is to look through the countless photos of people wearing jeans with shoes in the WAYWT thread and see what shoes appeal to you - go from there.

5. WayneGibbous

WayneGibbous Senior member

If you wear dress shoes with jeans make sure the shoes are a matted color not shiny patent leather - that looks dreadful. I see people out sometimes with ripped jeans and shiny black leather shoes and I wanna puke.

6. smentz

smentz Active Member

www.solepedia.com or .net, cant remember. then look up Nike SB dunks. tons of colors and funny thing about em, buy them new, wear em once a month or so and they will actually appreciate in value. sambas and black chucktaylors go with anything but adidas are too narrow for me

thats what i wear with jeans. if im dressin it up a bit i'll wear cole hann loafers/ gucci drivers, but nothing shiny like aforementioned.

7. Asch

Asch Senior member

Nothing wrong with well-shined shoes with jeans as long as the rest of your clothes are sharp (e.g., most of GetSmart's fits).

8. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Get the Cancuns in suede. The shoes will be so sharp that you'll have to be sharp to match.

9. fancyasian

fancyasian New Member