1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoes With Character

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbris1, Mar 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Josef Seibel

Josef Seibel Senior member

Some vintage Gucci. Do these look like Cordovan? I dont think they've ever seen a tree.

ja, these are shoes with character. and all of the sudden, i thought, that they were staring at me.........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. well-kept

well-kept Senior member

The Kermit resonance is a wonderful observation.

3. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Some vintage Gucci. Do these look like Cordovan? I dont think they've ever seen a tree.
    I had the exact same ones - wore them out quickly, I'm afraid.

4. AntonioG

AntonioG Well-Known Member

Bigbris1 those Vintage J&M look really nice.

These ones are heading towards their 5th year of heavy casual wear:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Thanks! Wow, that's some kind of leather to have 5 years & still look that great. Lends to your taking care of them, of course [​IMG] A better shot of my J&Ms: [​IMG]

6. datasupa

datasupa Senior member

Not sure how much lovin there is here for work boots but for your inspection: a pair of White's semidress worn pretty hard for a year (every other day).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. meister

meister Senior member

8. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

9. kalice

kalice Senior member

hahaha Kermit...

those old Japanese women's shoes look more like the Chinese shoes made for lotus feet?

10. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

Here are my gator shoes I posted over in the J&M shoe thread. Rider Id'd them as being made by Romano Martegani for Johnston & Murphy, which answered a longstanding question for me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Nice gators. Looks like a very good quality skin.

12. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Not too fond of gators but I do like the fact that they matched the patterns on the pair. Thanks for posting!

13. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

These are a pair of Church's Cape Buck brogues that are somewhere between ten and fifteen years old. I have not shown the sole because, to my shame, I let them go to the point where my shoemaker could not stitch replacement soles, but rather had to glue them. Had I known better, I would have spent the money and sent them back to Church's for recrafting and saving the soles. Perhaps that will still be possible on the next repair, but I doubt it. As far as I know, real Cape Buck is no longer in use in production shoes and maybe not even in bespoke. In any event, this model on this last has always represented to me the perfect brogue. At one time I had pairs in two different calf colors plus this Buck version. This pair is all I have left. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. johnny_flapjack

johnny_flapjack Senior member

[​IMG]

Those are sweet. I'd have to believe a highly skilled shop could properly resole them. I don't know if B. Nelson in NY is currently open or not, but on their website they described their "recrafting" service as including replacement of the welt (and I think the feather) if needed. If not them, there are other shops out there with similar capabilities. Good luck with those.

15. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

These are a pair of Church's Cape Buck brogues that are somewhere between ten and fifteen years old. I have not shown the sole because, to my shame, I let them go to the point where my shoemaker could not stitch replacement soles, but rather had to glue them. Had I known better, I would have spent the money and sent them back to Church's for recrafting and saving the soles. Perhaps that will still be possible on the next repair, but I doubt it.
    As far as I know, real Cape Buck is no longer in use in production shoes and maybe not even in bespoke. In any event, this model on this last has always represented to me the perfect brogue. At one time I had pairs in two different calf colors plus this Buck version. This pair is all I have left.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very nice +88.

Shame on you for the soles[​IMG]

16. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

[​IMG]

Great.

PS: Don't worry about the sole repair.

17. imainish

imainish Senior member

B. Nelson recently resoled these, 10 yrs old, suede Ferragamo monk straps for me: [​IMG] [​IMG] The original soles were rubber and Nick had to do something special to be able to stitch on the JR sole I wanted. I am very pleased.

18. JohnnyCrockett

JohnnyCrockett Senior member

Peal & Co. by C&J. Worn frequently for 2.5 years now.

[​IMG]

19. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

You right foot is encroaching on the left [​IMG]

Thanks for posting

20. amlai

amlai Senior member

Worn Alden shell boots and a shoe:
    [​IMG]
    Left to right, top to bottom: AF60, 4060, LeatherSoulxStyleForum, #8 Indy, Cigar Indy, 43601 Cigar Plaza captoe