1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Shoes: Wingtips or Loafers?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eliot1019, Jun 26, 2014.

1. eliot1019

eliot1019 Member

Hey guys I'm looking to get a new pair of shoes.

I'm not sure what I should I get: the wingtip or the loafer.

I know both are super versatile and can be dressed up or down.

I want to be able to wear the shoe with jeans, shorts, khakis/chinos, and maybe a super casual suit.

Any advice or suggestions on the shoe itself would be appreciated. Thanks

2. johng70

johng70 Senior member

I have to say I can't imagine a wingtip with shorts but that's just me. In fact, I'm in the "no socks" short club - either sandals, flip-flops (yes there are nice leather flip-flops) or deck shoes.

I don't have any "super casual" suits, so I can't imagine a pair of shoes that looks appropriate with both a suit and jeans either. Bottom line, I think when you try to find a pair of shoes that works well with everything it ends up looking bad with everything.