• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes: Who makes what for whom.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The followings are just off top of my head. Please feel free to add and correct.

Alden
Current: Brooks Bros., Marinella

Crockett & Jones
Current: Brooks Bros./Peal, Ralph Lauren (some said it's Handgrade, some said it's between HG and Benchgrade), Poulsen Skone/Dunhill, New & Lingwood.
Past: Tom James (both HG & BG), Wildsmith.

Edward Green
Current: RLPL, Alan Flusser
Past: Asprey(or is it still current?), Cole Haan, Nordstrom, Paul Stuart, Wildsmith, Brooks Bros.

Alfred Sargent
Current: BB/Peal

Grenson
Current: Paul Stuart, Poulsen Skone/Dunhill (?)

John Lobb Paris
AFAIK, only make shoes under its own label.

Heschung
Current: JL Paris causals

Lattanzi
Current: Brioni, Asprey (?)
Past: Jil Sander

StefanoBi
Current: Domenico Vacca, Berluti RTW
Past: Borrelli

Mantellassi
Current: Borrelli

Vass
Current: Roberto Ugolini RTW (?)
Past: Hugo Boss

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cool idea VR, here are some additions.

Past: C&J for Baldessarini
Current (?) Lobb for Hermes
Current: Mantellassi for Ferre
Past: Mantellassi private label for Louis, Boston
Current: Grenson Masterpiece for New&Lingwood St. James Shoes

Per Roger's question:

Past: Mantellassi for Brioni

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
von Rothbart, a very useful thread. If I may, might I pose a related question: Who made Brioni's shoes in the past? Maybe between about 2000 and 2004? I have a pair of very soft (like glove leather), lightweight, unlined loafers with only the Brioni label stitched into the insole. Does anyone have any idea about who might have made them for Brioni? An e-mail to Brioni about this some time ago yielded no reply.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll add a few fashion labels into the mix:

Buttero (current): Dior Homme
Premiata (current): Christian Carol Poell, Martin Margiela (this might be "past"... but I'm not positive).
Iris SPA (current): Marc Jacobs, Viktor & Rolf, John Galliano
Santoni: Hermes sneakers (especially the "Quick" sneaker)
Heschung: Some shoes for Comme des Garcons (those made in France)
Cesare Paciotti: Versace (I heard this, but then I also heard that he just designed some of the shoes for Versace. So, someone may want to clarify).
Magnanni: E.T. Wright Master's Collection (those shoes marked Made in Spain)
Sanders&Sanders: Same as above, but marked "Made in England."
Peluso: Some of the top-line To Boot: New York dress shoes.
Rodolfo Zengarini: makes shoes for Calvin Klein Collection, Alessandro Dell'aqua, Les copains, and Iceberg.

John

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Borgioli makes for Certo, which might only apply to vch customers
smile.gif

Loake for Tyrwhitt.

EG makes for Cole Haan? Really?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Borgioli makes for Certo, which might only apply to vch customers
smile.gif

Loake for Tyrwhitt.

EG makes for Cole Haan? Really?

They did make a few models, long ago. I remember seeing a pair on ebay and being just as surprised. I believe that was back when Cole Haan was actually a good shoe maker and not just a shoe brand (which is, sadly, what they've become).

John

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i believe, technically vass at one time made baldessarini shoes, but not actual hugo boss labeled shoes; baldessarini were also made by ludwig reiter for a while before going to c&j

church's now makes jil sander and given prada's previously ownership interest in church's, some prada models

doesn't stefano bi also make lvmh louis vuitton shoes?

i think sergio rossi does most gucci shoes except for those gucci made to order ones which i think are done by whomever does the zegna footwear, but i'm not sure

jtw3036

Reaction score
Borrelli shoes made by
Stefano Branchini
Mantellassi
currently Santoni

Artioli for Stefano Ricci

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
They did make a few models, long ago. I remember seeing a pair on ebay and being just as surprised. I believe that was back when Cole Haan was actually a good shoe maker and not just a shoe brand (which is, sadly, what they've become).

John

I actually have a pair of the Cole Haan-Edward Greens. Mine are a penny loafer in the grey suede. They're killer.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who makes Canali shoes. Canali shoes really stepped up in terms of quality. I remember they were being typical blake shoes, but now they are good-year or rapid blake.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To have Brooks Aldens resoled - can you take them to BB or to Alden?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought some Zegna (made by Ferragamo) black loafers today and am very pleased by the construction, style and price point. Definitely worth a look and adding to the list in my humble opinion.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kilgour and Cleverley also carry rebadged C&J's.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bonafe makes for Aubercy
Lobb doesn't make most Hermes shoes that I know of -- they're made in Italy.

Green also makes shoes for Battistoni and the better Foster & Son shoes, apparently. At one point it may have made shoes for WIlkes Bashford (much older Wilson & Dean models from a long time ago?) and for De Gand in Brussels.

Grenson Masterpieces are sold in Japan as Henry Maxwell shoes. The Henry Maxwell RTW in the UK are made by someone else to a lower standard. Grenson also makes/made the shoes for Hield, also to Masterpiece standards (or better).

Crockett also makes the shoes at RJ, as well as the Japanese Lloyd's shoes. Crockett and Trickers made shoes for Paul Smith; the last time I looked at a pair of Paul Smith shoes they were made in India.

Stereojeff

Reaction score
The Wilson and Deane (Wilkes Bashford) shoes I have were made by Gravati.

Jeff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads