1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoes: which one?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by greatfire, Oct 6, 2006.

1. greatfire

greatfire Senior member

Italia: [​IMG]

Orion: [​IMG]

Adi Speed: [​IMG]

Campus: [​IMG]

Casual Stan: [​IMG]

Stan Smith: [​IMG]

Vintage Stan: [​IMG]

Superstars: [​IMG]

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Standard Stan! I also prefer green to the blue, but whatever. The vintage version is nice, but shiny.

3. j

j Senior member Admin

Wait, when did they start making the Vintage again? I was so sad when they started making them of that nurse shoe leather. Can you get the Vintage in green?

4. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

i thought the campus had a vulcanised sole... or maybe they changed it since i last wanted them in the mid 90s

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Yes.

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I want Zissous. [​IMG]

7. j

j Senior member Admin

Yes.
    Argh, why do they have to be so expensive? I was just thinking I'd like to get a pair of white shoes again, but I don't like the nursey leather they use now on the SSes...

8. VMan

VMan Senior member

Vintage Stan, and Orion.

At first I liked the Italias for the black shoe choice, however, I think that the olive green would limit the shoe if you want to do an entirely monochromatic outfit or something. But I like both the Orion and Italia.

9. jet

jet Senior member

Love my orions, most comfortable shoes ever and they look like y3s [​IMG]

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

I want Zissous. [​IMG]
    mee too

11. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

I'd say standard Stan or Superstars but with the black stripes and canvas.

12. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Italias. Though I prefer Chile 62 for their colourways, construction, and unique touches (bumpy sole, 3 (THREE!) flaps, etc). The England 1966 version... [​IMG]

13. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

Italias. Though I prefer Chile 62 for their colourways, construction, and unique touches (bumpy sole, 3 (THREE!) flaps, etc). The England 1966 version... [​IMG]

man Teenage Fanclub. brings back some good college memories. saw them open for the Afghan Whigs back in '92 i think. what a freakin' great show.

-Jeff

14. Bandwagonesque

man Teenage Fanclub. brings back some good college memories. saw them open for the Afghan Whigs back in '92 i think. what a freakin' great show.

-Jeff

Getting off topic here (sorry OP), but I really expected nobody to pick up on the Fannies name/avatar. Guess I should have picked something more original. [​IMG] They are still one of the greatest pop bands, Scottish or otherwise, out there. Forget about Belle and Sebastien. Great cartoon, bad pop.

15. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

Getting off topic here (sorry OP), but I really expected nobody to pick up on the Fannies name/avatar.
    I got into Teenage Fanclub because I heard they sounded like Big Star. I got into Big Star because of the Replacements song "Alex Chilton." I got into the Replacements because I was a loser in high school.

16. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

wow Big Star. i'm getting a little teary eyed now. "Kangaroo" has got to be one of the most amazing songs of all time.

-Jeff

17. greatfire

greatfire Senior member

Wow, this was easy.

So.. Italia 74, and Stan Smith Vintage.

I had foolishly bought the orion before considering other shoe options, so I'll return that and pick up the Italia 74 instead.

Italia or Chile 62?

18. Bandwagonesque

Wow, this was easy.

So.. Italia 74, and Stan Smith Vintage.

I had foolishly bought the orion before considering other shoe options, so I'll return that and pick up the Italia 74 instead.

Italia or Chile 62?

It's all personal preferrence. I can't stand solid white sneakers like Stan Smiths yet I know others love them here, and can look good with them.

I love the retro footballer shoe look, and lower profile soles of the Italias and the Chiles. Both look very similar, it's just that I find the construction of the Chile feels more solid, the colours look sexier, the little extra details are nice, and they both similarly priced. Zappos and Amazon have both for cheap, so go nuts and get one of each! Unfortunately in Canada, we don't have the luxury of ordering from Amazon or Zappos, so my selection and price paid is crappy. [​IMG]

Re: Big Star. I got into Big Star because I heard they sounded like TF (even if it's the other way around). I got into TF because I heard they sounded like the Byrds, and got into the Byrds from Dylan, and into Dylan from Neil Young, and into Neil Young from Pearl Jam, and into Pearl Jam from Nirvana, and into Nirvana from my elementary school friends in my pre-wannabe-grunger days. So even though I don't listen to Nirvana anymore, if it wasn't for them, my life would be upside down now. I'd probably be sucking on the FM dial right now for the latest top 40 cockrock band, flipping through Maxim, and wearing a backwards ballcap.

19. Flame

Flame Senior member

Vintage stans. They work well with a lot of casual outfits.

20. Britalian

Britalian Senior member