• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes, What's your count?

Say

Reaction score
i have a lot of shoes, but some of them i haven't worn in awhile and should probably give away.

I have about 5 in rotation that i wear quite often, which include vans, nikes, of the sort. I mostly wear my vans prison issue though.

what about you?

i know theres a few sneaker heads with tons of shoes.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I probably rotate from between 20-30 pairs of shoes, and probably have 20-30 idle pairs, between streetwear and dress. I'm sure there are a lot of ppl here with much larger collections, though.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
including trainers and dressy shoes I'm at 40+ but right now my daily rotation is primarily 3 pairs of boots (Grinders, 2 Paul Smith) and occasionally some other dress shoe will make an appearance depending on that day's gear.

Nothing

Reaction score
That's a lot of shoes! I just went and counted mine... I have 17 pairs. Wow. I think they're all in rotation too, lol. 2 pairs of trainers (one for running, one for cross-training), 5 pairs of pumas, an oxblood dress pair of Allen Edmunds, a black dress pair of Prada, a dark brown dress pair of Ecco, and a light brown dress pair of Kenneth Cole. Then I have miscellaneous shoes and boots by prada, ferragamo, and others for going out.

N.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm too afraid to count but it'd probably be up around drizz's range although i have considerably less dress (~10-15) and more casual. do flip-flops count?!?!?!??! oh, i guess original post specifically mentions 'shoes'.

and i'd like to add a twist if the OP doesn't mind. what's the latest pair of shoes you've purchased? Me: the Marc Jacobs Vans cord Chukkaboot in green.

-Jeff

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
what's the latest pair of shoes you've purchased?

for me, it was the Paul Smith "British Collection" espresso brown chukka's that I posted pics of a few weeks ago. I'm pretty well set in the shoe dept so I dont think I'll be buying anymore in the near future. I need to wear what I already have!!

bike756

Reaction score
Damn. I'm jealous of you guys.
I have...
green jil sander mocs
beige suede pradas
blue suede pumas
deisel
Cole haan dress shoes
adidas sneakers
and miscelaneous athletic footwear.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
I have a horribly disproportionate shoe collection. Probably 90+ pairs here in Cali. Of those 90 pairs probably 5 to 6 of those are shoes and the remainder are Nikes and Chucks. I also have 20+ pairs of sneak's in storage in NYC that I haven't seen in 3+ years.
shog[1].gif

Current rotation is:

Chuck lo's-Off-White
Chuck lo's-Black leather
Chuck lo's-Gold finish on leather
Chuck hi's-Fuschia/Black w/glitter finish
Van's lace up-Off white
Birkenstock Boston-White
Nike Jordan 85-Black/Red/White

Ott

Reaction score
I seem to wear my white jack purcells every single day

guess I'm boring
plain.gif

Max

Reaction score
Egad. I have over 20 pairs.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Around 17..not all are in rotation though.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
There's somewhere aroud forty pairs in here. But it's a good thing. I like shoes.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Last time I counted had close to 30 but I'm getting rid of some and got some new ones so ya around there.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been thinning down my wardrobe to quality pieces that I wear a lot.

I have 6 pairs of quality dress shoes that can be dressed up or down (C&J handgrade, Gravati, Varvatos, Harris, YSL Rive Gauche, etc)

2 pairs of dressier roper-style ankle boots, black and brown

6-7 pairs of sneakers, including Puma El Rey in black, black and white Pony trainers, two pairs of adidas (white w/ brown stripes and red w/ white stripes), onitsuka tigers, one pair of vintage canvas adidas, and a couple others that don't get as much wear.

A few months ago I had at least double the number of items listed in the above categories.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have around 3 dozen pairs that could be considered streetwear. Only about ten are regularly worn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads