• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoes under $200

herzzreh

Reaction score
Need shoe suggestions.

Requirements:

dressy enough to wear with a suit (blue, not navy blue, just dark blue suit), semi-formal occasion (or business casual in my book), a plus would be to be wearable with jeans, price should be under $200. Oh, and has to be available in NYC - need 'em by Friday. I'd prefer wingtips but anything will do.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Chelsea boots IMO fit the bill...although they are not dressy enough for formal occasions, they certainly dressy enough to wear with a suit to work or out around town. And yet they work will with business casual and even just casual with jeans.

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by herzzreh
Need shoe suggestions. Requirements: dressy enough to wear with a suit (blue, not navy blue, just dark blue suit), semi-formal occasion (or business casual in my book), a plus would be to be wearable with jeans, price should be under $200. Oh, and has to be available in NYC - need 'em by Friday. I'd prefer wingtips but anything will do.
Banana Republic has a chelsea like boot called the Salerno. I have the brown, looks great when suited and also with a slim, dark pair of jeans. They're currently $160 and offer black as well. J Crew has black wingtips, for $170, looks very cool with once again, dark washed slim jeans (especially with the pants leg slightly rolled up if you saw the mannequins at Club Monaco)

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Could always wait for something to pop up in the B&S forums, can get shoes in usually great condition for way less than their retails

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Smith Nash

Good sales right now.

Don't get chelseas if you're on a budget.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like them. Have you seen them anywhere besides Barney's and Tobi? For under 2, that is.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
Yeah I like them. Have you seen them anywhere besides Barney's and Tobi? For under 2, that is.
I got mine at NM in Charlotte for $202.50 or something. I think I saw an 11UK/12US there last time I was there.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a 12 UK. I'll call NM tomorrow. I wonder if they're still on sale.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
I need a 12 UK. I'll call NM tomorrow. I wonder if they're still on sale.
You wear 13US? Damn.

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Could always wait for something to pop up in the B&S forums, can get shoes in usually great condition for way less than their retails

Originally Posted by why
Paul Smith Nash

Good sales right now.

Don't get chelseas if you're on a budget.

Won't work as I need them by tomorrow.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by herzzreh
Won't work as I need them by tomorrow.

Then go to a store and buy them today.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JFKJean
Banana Republic has a chelsea like boot called the Salerno. I have the brown, looks great when suited and also with a slim, dark pair of jeans. They're currently $160 and offer black as well.

J Crew has black wingtips, for $170, looks very cool with once again, dark washed slim jeans (especially with the pants leg slightly rolled up if you saw the mannequins at Club Monaco)

Paying retails for BR and JCrew footwear (with the exception of collabs) is not a smart idea.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40