1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoes too pointy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by baseball07, Mar 27, 2016.

1. baseball07

baseball07 Member

Need another opinion. These shoes may be on the edge of being too pointy, but I cannot tell. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Willted

Willted New Member

I wouldn't say that they are too pointy, I would say they look on "point" ;)

3. atia2

atia2 Senior member

^ I would agree. Many modern lasts favour a longer and slightly (or "suspiciously") square toe box. I find this can exaggerate the length of a large foot, which, like me, you seem to have. (I'm a UK 12, I'm guessing you're at least an 11.) This is not to my taste - think cartoon clown shoes - so I prefer classic, more rounded lasts. However, I think your look is just fine.

4. baseball07

baseball07 Member

Thanks for the input. Actually, it is a 9.5 US, pictures are a bit deceiving. They actually look a little less pointy in this picture than in real life, I suppose I haven't embraced the longer modern look yet. I own an almost identical pair of monk straps, but found these for a great price and had to buy them.

5. TOstyle

TOstyle Senior member

Agree with above. I think they look good, and not too super point (like some whole cuts). Nice looking monks.