• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoes too casual for business? Lavorazione Artigiana Monk Strap

orthofrancis

Reaction score
Saw this pair of Lavorazione Artigiana Monk Straps for sale on Ebay. They look quite nice, but I'm second guessing myself on the toes, whether they are too square-toed to be worn with a suit. I work in a hospital, so it's not as formal as finance - thus I'm thinking I might be able to wear them.

What say you?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that the toe shape is alright, and I love monkstraps, but I really don't like the centre line of stitching on those shoes. Nor do I like the (in my opinion) peculiar little row of four leather stitches next to the centre seam.

In short, I think it would be fine for you to wear brown monkstraps, but I also think that you could find a more attractive pair.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes are not my style, but I wouldn't bat an eye to see someone wear them with a suit.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think the shape is the problem. I think the center seam is the problem. At the hospital, however, I think you can get away with them.

mimile

Reaction score
Those are not the worst shoes I've seen.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I don't think the shape is the problem. I think the center seam is the problem. At the hospital, however, I think you can get away with them.

+1

Yes, at the hospital in a body bag. Next day in the newspaper: Who is the unknown dead with the center seam?

Any other occasion: NO!

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hideous. Absolutely awful. with a suit, even worse.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those but I think they look "rough" enough that I'd keep them with denim... but I wouldn't cringe to see them with a suit.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I too would vote against those. They strike me as an inelegant take on a very elegant design. That center seam is a killer.
I'm not a fan. I share Doc's view about them.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 84 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 139 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%