Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoes to wear with shorts that have a heel, are somewhat rugged for things like bicycling/jogging, a

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kneehowguys, Apr 20, 2014.

1. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Member

Shoes to wear with shorts that have a heel, are somewhat rugged for things like bicycling/jogging, and look okay with a button down?

Could you post a picture and the name of the kind of shoe?

Not a sneaker.. Something that won't not like terrible with formal clothes but still rugged.

2. Staffer18283

Staffer18283 Senior member

3. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Member

I'm looking less for a brand name and more of just the name of a kind of shoe that would fit what I'm looking for.

So a boat shoe is a type of shoe. A dress shoe is a type of shoe. A boot is a type of shoe.

I looked at their website- http://www.saintcrispins.com/category/photos/

These look for more formal than what I'm looking for. Some shoe that straddles the line between sneaker and dress shoe but still can handle some bicycling and a little jogging and is somewhat rugged. And doesn't look terrible with a button shirt.

4. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Senior member

5. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

The liquor, you drink it?

The classic solution would be the buck, yeah, or a suede chukka with a crepe sole, like a Clark's Desert Boot. I'll wear beat-up loafers for this, but that's not for everybody.