1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

shoes to wear with jeans?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mike1423, Aug 13, 2011.

1. mike1423

mike1423 Member

What are some casual shoes that I can wear with jeans and a t-shirt or some shoes I can pretty much wear with anything? I am in college.

2. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

Clarks desert boots

2 people like this.
  3. junior varsity

junior varsity Well-Known Member

you can wear whatever shoe you want with jeans these days?
    most jeans are dressy enough imho to wear a black cap-toe if you wanted...
    i always wear my black gucci cap-toe with dark blue dress jeans, gets a lot of compliments

4. ddonicht

ddonicht Well-Known Member

I guess it is more about what you want to wear. As has been said, things are pretty casual in that regard. That being said, I wouldn't wear a pair of dress shoes with a pair of faded, ripped up jeans. Of course I don't wear ripped up jeans at all.

In truth I generally match the shoes more to the type of shirt I'm wearing with my jeans (keeping in mind that all of my jeans are "nicer"). If it is a button up shirt I'll wear lace up shoes or possibly loafers. If it is a polo, I wear loafers. If it is a more casual short like a t shirt or at least one without a collar I will wear a pair of Cole Haans, Sketchers, or even Doc Martens. And yes, I know ALL of shirts have collars unless you've ripped them off but I'm talking about not having fold over collars instead of the flat ones.

Running shoes and the like I generally leave for workout clothes.

5. Liquidus

Liquidus Well-Known Member

6. Texastyle

Texastyle Well-Known Member

Desert Boots are a great idea. You can pick some up on amazon for around 70 bucks and they hold up great.

7. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Quote:
    +1 good choice

8. uniesse

uniesse Well-Known Member

I would wear just about anything so long as it's not black.

Chelsea boots, chukkas, a nice brown derby, a wingtip, a goodyear welted loafer, an entire world of suede...

9. tomee

tomee Well-Known Member

anyone got pics of wing tips or captoes with jeans?

10. Achillus

Achillus Well-Known Member

Sneakers from Hugo Boss.

11. Wraitii

Wraitii Active Member

Desert boots are a great combo... Loafers (nice ones), boat shoes... captoes can work, but are better when light brown than more formal.

12. Merlino

Merlino Well-Known Member

Desert boots as mentioned. Brown suede loafers are really nice under a pair of jeans, too. Try to match the darkness of the jeans to the darkness of the shoes.

Or, if you want to wear something different entirely wear some (navy) velvet slippers.

13. Vidal_Balloon

Vidal_Balloon Active Member

Desert boots seem to be popular here but I would never wear them personally. Like junior varsity above, I err towards the dressy side even in jeans. If it was with a polo or short sleeved shirt then loafers or deck shoes, with a shirt and/or knitwear, brogues or a derby or similar. I have a nice pair of brown gucci slip on dress shoes which have a good worn in look and go well with jeans now.
    Desert boots just remind me of the '90s craze (amongst chavs) to wear timberland-CAT type boots. I would only wear these if I were digging a hole in my garden.
    To put a chav in.

14. Azzurri

Azzurri Well-Known Member

You can wear almost anything with jeans, given their versatile nature.

The best kind of shoes for someone in college would probably be white sneakers, loafers or drivers.

15. kasakka

kasakka Well-Known Member

Brown (not dark brown) toecap oxfords are a personal favorite. Goes well with blue jeans and any shirt. Doesn't look too dressy, but far better than what most people in college will be wearing.

Second choice would be white sneakers. Preferably a fairly simple model, you can use some colorful laces to make them more fun.

16. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Well-Known Member

17. mike1423

mike1423 Member

how about black cole haan shoes

18. atila

atila Well-Known Member

I wear Sperry's

19. Schweino

Schweino Well-Known Member

Today I'm wearing

[​IMG]

Barker Grant in denim suede

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  20. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

I usually wind up in penny loafers or suede bucks. Recently, a pair of camp mocs- sub in boat shoe if you want, I've done that too. Occasionally gunboats or fairly casual and beat up monks. Chucks on rare occasions.

Basically, casual but classic leather shoes are what I would recommend. Just about anything suede will fit the bill- desert boots are a great idea. But also loafers (if you get 'em in suede, all the better) or whatever else. I don't tend to do anything too dressy- black oxfords are right out. Brown is a maybe at best. basically, the more character, the better. Jeans have a lot of texture and character, you need a shoe that can stand up to that in some way- material, brouging, patina, last shape... Sleek and smooth just doesn't cut it.