1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoes to wear with a slim fit suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Billj7, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Billj7

Billj7 New Member

Hey guys,

I'm recently purchased a charcoal slim fit suit. I need a pair of black lace up dress shoes to go with it. I read online that the shoes should be sleek looking to work well with the slim fit suit. As someone with big feet (size 11-11.5) I need all of the help that I can get. The problem is that I don't even know here to look to find a sleek quality dress shoe that is within my budget range. I've had friends reccomend AE, but their shoes have the more classic appearance and make my feet appear larger than I would like. I'm looking to spend $130 or less. For the perfect shoe, I'd be willing to spend a little bit more. I'm also open to buying a shoe used on ebay as long as it is only slightly worn. What models do you recommend?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Buy in person. Brands like Florsheim are low-end but probably adequate, and DSW often carries them. Get leather soles or at least combination soles, assuming discounted Dainite is unavailable locally. Post an approximate location if you want more help.

3. Ivar

Ivar Senior member

Yes, definitely buy in person. I have the same shoe size as you, and I find that some makers make the toe box much longer than others, which makes my feet look comically long.

4. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013