• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoes made for walking

tanikir

Reaction score
I work in IT so it's generally a casual environment. But, I prefer to stick more on the formal side of business casual. My biggest problem are shoes. I walk 2-6 miles a day and sometimes more, usually carrying a 10-20 pound bag. I've been tempted to grab some hiking shoes from REI that are made for support and backpacking. But I can't handle thinking about how this would look with my business wear. Any ideas for shoes or boots that look good while meeting heavy demands?

johng70

Reaction score
As an IT worker myself I have to ask - where does the 2-6 miles per day come in? Is that somehow part of your job? Most people at my office that walk before work, after work or at lunch simply have tennis shoes and then change into their work shoes. I don't see hiking shoes as a solution for the dressier side of business casual. So, if your walking is not part of the job, the best solution IMO is to switch shoes when switching between work and exercise.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.