• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoes in Philadelphia

massemiv

Reaction score
I live in Canada and am going to visit a friend in Philly next week. I'm looking for a place to find great deals on good shoes (e.g. Allen Edmonds). Some kind of clearance center or outlet would be ideal. I would greatly appreciate some suggestions for stores in and around the city from the locals. Suggestions for places to find good suits in the area under $500 are also most welcome.

Reaction score
How about Sherman Bros for Alden shoes at full price? DSW stocks Allen Edmonds at clearance prices. Googling will yield many in the Greater Philadelphia area.

andyw

Reaction score
You might want to visit the Franklin Mills, a 15 minute drive north from Center City or on mass transit (clueless on the details but certain it will surface from a more knowing poster). Saks Off 5th and Last Call Neiman Marcus are 2 outlets that carry premium brands in shoes and garments. This is a large mall with the usual suspects, and could be hit or miss.

http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1245

Good luck!

Reaction score
^ Mostly miss. Though I did learn how to roll my R's there (rrrrrrrrruffles have rrrrrrrridges); it went downhill once I. Goldberg left. That was in the early nineties.

timeless

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyw
You might want to visit the Franklin Mills, a 15 minute drive north from Center City or on mass transit (clueless on the details but certain it will surface from a more knowing poster). Saks Off 5th and Last Call Neiman Marcus are 2 outlets that carry premium brands in shoes and garments. This is a large mall with the usual suspects, and could be hit or miss.

http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1245

Good luck!

Franklin Mills is the only outlet in the area about 15 minutes north of the city on I-95. Last Call and Off 5th are there but both have a very limited shoe selection...not sure about the other chain outlets there. You will also be in Philly at sale time so it may be worth a look at Boyd's shoe dept. or Neiman's and Nordstroms at KIng of Prussia mall (about 20 minutes west of the city).

ltontheqt

Reaction score
To be honest, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much about finding decent bargain shoes in Philadelphia. The only places I would recommend for shoes, period, are Wayne Edwards, Joseph's Shoes, and maybe Uomo Nella. Sherman Brothers, eh. You might be able to find OK Cheaney shoes at Joseph's for $400 or so. Joseph's is, I believe, on 18th Street off of Chestnut.

timeless

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ltontheqt
To be honest, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much about finding decent bargain shoes in Philadelphia. The only places I would recommend for shoes, period, are Wayne Edwards, Joseph's Shoes, and maybe Uomo Nella. Sherman Brothers, eh. You might be able to find OK Cheaney shoes at Joseph's for $400 or so. Joseph's is, I believe, on 18th Street off of Chestnut.

Wayne Edwards still has a few sale shoes at 50% off.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's