• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes from Paris

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ernest, what do you think of the shoes at Pape?
I have never tried or had in my hand but they looks to be good through the shop window.

I like the style of this shop.

linux_pro

Reaction score
Were they in size 8.5 US? Oh man, she should not have bought me those shoes. You're talking about the lizard skin ones right?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were they in size 8.5 US?  Oh man, she should not have bought me those shoes.  You're talking about the lizard skin ones right?
Why? Don't you like them?

yes the loafer in dark exotic skin, they were only 750 euros.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are hideous.  Truly hideous.  Would someone actually wear those with a suit?  They're bizarre.  I should get some new job interviews and show up in those.  People would think I was starving and take pity.  "Look at the guy's shoes, he probably hasn't eaten in days."
Hideous yes, but also quite showy, designed for someone who is not afraid to stand apart from the crowd (in a similar vein to having a scarlet "A" affixed to one's shirt). Assuredly, this will send a message that, however unusual they may appear, the shoes were not inexpensive.

I agree, the monks are quite nice, among a few others.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are hideous.  Truly hideous.  Would someone actually wear those with a suit?  They're bizarre.  I should get some new job interviews and show up in those.  People would think I was starving and take pity.  "Look at the guy's shoes, he probably hasn't eaten in days."
I found them not to bad. Once shoes are original .

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were they in size 8.5 US? Â Oh man, she should not have bought me those shoes. Â You're talking about the lizard skin ones right?
your are lucky, it was the last in your size. they would be great with your new suits

naturlaut

Reaction score
And since we're talking about Parisienne shoes, here are a few more:
DSC05864.jpg
DSC05865.jpg
Aubercy1.jpg
Aubercy2.jpg
Aubercy3.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they would be great with your new suits

I hesitate to ask about your new suits. Also, ernest, I recall you writing that alligator shoes are only for pimps? Are non alligator lizard loafers different, more subdued and classic, in your opinion?

linux_pro

Reaction score
Holy Cow.. Talk about some beautiful shoes. Don't you guys call that "shoe Appreciation" on this forum? Ernest, if she actually bought me those shoes, than I would be quite happy with them and would wear them. I was only nervous that if they didn't fit properly, I'd be stuck with them no matter what. 8.5 US is my size, so if that's what she got, than that is good. Did she really buy these shoes? Excellent.
smile.gif

marc37

Reaction score
Ernest: you are not using the correct part of imageshack. Don't use the thumbnails. You need to use the top line of the second half of imageshack. Just delete the img and your home and hosed. Brilliant shoes.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ernest: you are not using the correct part of imageshack. Don't use the thumbnails. You need to use the top line of the second half of imageshack. Just delete the img and your home and hosed. Brilliant shoes.
What is the problem with this one? You do'nt like small pictures you can open? When i was using the other way to post, some people told me it was too big anyway.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy Cow.. Â Talk about some beautiful shoes. Â Don't you guys call that "shoe Appreciation" on this forum? Ernest, if she actually bought me those shoes, than I would be quite happy with them and would wear them. Â I was only nervous that if they didn't fit properly, I'd be stuck with them no matter what. Â 8.5 US is my size, so if that's what she got, than that is good. Â Did she really buy these shoes? Â Excellent. Â
smile.gif
Do you really like them or says this because yout think she already bought them?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is disgusting is to see these shoes and know that no matter how upscale the store in the Midwest, there is nothing like these available. We do not even know the language used to create such objects. FU_k.

marc37

Reaction score
What is the problem with this one? You do'nt like small pictures you can open? When i was using the other way to post, some people told me it was too big anyway.
Your pictures are too small Ernest. With imageshack you can adjust to an appropiate picture size - they don't have to be too big, they can be medium sized. Try it.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(linux_pro @ Mar. 14 2005,00:47) Were they in size 8.5 US? Â Oh man, she should not have bought me those shoes. Â You're talking about the lizard skin ones right?
your are lucky, it was the last in your size. they would be great with your new suits
Tu le fais marcher, non ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics