1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoes from Japan?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by xcoldricex, May 25, 2006.

1. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i've been catering to the denim crowd over in the streetwear section. i'm in tokyo and i'm providing a service to ship things you can only get in japan to everywhere in the world. while going out to buy denim today i walked past a lot of high end shoe stores- i'm not sure if there's stuff that you can only get here that you can't get elsewhere (i assume so, because japan always gets everything) and i know there were a few japanese shoemakers that i saw in the LAST magazine. I'm not very familiar with high end shoes- but if there is in fact stuff you can get here that you can't get anywhere- i can learn. hopefully i don't get sucked into it though. haha. i walked past this store today among some others. world footwear gallery

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

i've been catering to the denim crowd over in the streetwear section. i'm in tokyo and i'm providing a service to ship things you can only get in japan to everywhere in the world. while going out to buy denim today i walked past a lot of high end shoe stores- i'm not sure if there's stuff that you can only get here that you can't get elsewhere (i assume so, because japan always gets everything) and i know there were a few japanese shoemakers that i saw in the LAST magazine. I'm not very familiar with high end shoes- but if there is in fact stuff you can get here that you can't get anywhere- i can learn. hopefully i don't get sucked into it though. haha. i walked past this store today among some others. world footwear gallery
    OMG. You may want to retract this post NOW! Do I hear a wooshing sound? Maybe it is a vortex caused by SF members suddenly scurrying to catalogues and japanese shoes sites [​IMG]

3. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

oops. what have i done.

4. j

j Senior member Admin

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

OMG. You may want to retract this post NOW! Do I hear a wooshing sound? Maybe it is a vortex caused by SF members suddenly scurrying to catalogues and japanese shoes sites

[​IMG]

lol, xColdRicex, you might want to tell your girlfriend to not bother showing up as you'll be tied up scouring the city looking for shoes or standing in line at the Post Office. still, mighty white of ya to extend yourself this way!

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Hmm, anyone heard of Trivia (a Turkish brand)?

[​IMG]
    http://www.wfg-net.com/tvw.html

Not here. Well, not surprising naturally; I doubt I would have seen a turkish brand of shoes in Cyprus [​IMG]

7. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

The shoes look pretty good. I think those look blake stitched?

8. j

j Senior member Admin

The shoes look pretty good. I think those look blake stitched?
    Probably, for 33000 yen retail (~$300ish).

9. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Price aside, one problem with shoe shopping in Japan is that sizes max out at around 9.5. If you wear size 10 or larger you'd have a hard time finding shoes your size.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

They have Corthay RTW in Japan that is not available anywhere else. As well as the name sake of StefanoBi, Stefano Branchini.

And then there is Stefano Bemer for Valextra, which I found appealing.

11. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

i've been catering to the denim crowd over in the streetwear section. i'm in tokyo and i'm providing a service to ship things you can only get in japan to everywhere in the world. while going out to buy denim today i walked past a lot of high end shoe stores- i'm not sure if there's stuff that you can only get here that you can't get elsewhere (i assume so, because japan always gets everything) and i know there were a few japanese shoemakers that i saw in the LAST magazine. I'm not very familiar with high end shoes- but if there is in fact stuff you can get here that you can't get anywhere- i can learn. hopefully i don't get sucked into it though. haha.

i walked past this store today among some others. world footwear gallery

World Footwear Gallery has a special relationship with Guild of Crafts. Guild's shoe called the "Rusty" was voted the best shoe in the world (just ahead of Green's Dover and Lobb's William) in Last Vol. 1. I suspect there was a bit of bias in favor of the hometown favorite.

Guild will make a made to order pair in one of several colors for around $850.

Bic

12. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

13. kronik

kronik Senior member

[​IMG]

The Rusty.

No doubt, a beautiful shoe.

14. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

15. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i walked by a trading post store today also. so i can get shoes from there.