1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoes for wearing with shorts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mbuck, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Mbuck

Mbuck Member

Guys I need help..
    Need some new shoes to wear in summer with shorts and a polo probably...
    Sydney gets hot in summer and jeans become impractical when its 35 degrees celsius, I need shoes for when flip flops are too casual... Thus..
    I am in university (college)

Which shoes should I buy I was thinking these looked pretty simple casual

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lacoste-Men...i=US+Shoe+Size+(Men's) 11&hash=item3a6dd2f45b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LACOSTE-MEN...9019188?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3f0e1249b4

Which one would you choose???? Any other recomendations? I want to wear something a little 'higher up' then vans, but i won't be wearing boat shoes around lol..
    Thanks

2. jaw4527

jaw4527 Well-Known Member

I don't like either of them

chucks, pf flyers, jack purcells, sambas, stan smiths, supergas, keds

3. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

second shoe is definitely better. i'd still go with a simple pair of chucks tho.

or boat shoes in the summer...dunno why you are against them.

4. Mbuck

Mbuck Member

5. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

haha yeah i remember volleys. (i'm from US but i spent 6 weeks in australia a few years ago....time in melbourne, sydney, and tasmania). i remember seeing volleys in some of the stores in melbourne. i considered buying a pair...almost wish i did now.

i like the white and grey lacostes from your first post best.

6. Mbuck

Mbuck Member

Yeah I used to wear the dunlop volleys playing tennis when I was young so whenever I see people wearing their fashionably branded counterparts I can't get it out of my head thinking they're tennis shoes lol..

7. jaw4527

jaw4527 Well-Known Member